Beyonce Crops Kelly Rowland Out of Aaliyah Tribute Photo
Beyonce Knowles cut Kelly Rowland's part from a photo with Aaliyah. The "Dirty Laundry" singer took to Instagram on Thursday, January 16 to honor what would have been Aaliyah's 35th birthday. She shared a photo of her and Beyonce posing together with the late star, who passed away in 2001. "#weloveyouAaliyah #tbt," she wrote.
Beyonce also paid tribute to the late singer/actress that day. She took to Instagram to share a snap which actually was the black-and-white version of the photo uploaded by Kelly. Another difference was that Kelly had been cropped out of the pic. "God bless baby girl," Jay-Z's other half captioned the photo.
Besides Beyonce and Kelly, other stars such as Drake and Missy Elliott took to social media to pay tribute. "Happy birthday Aaliyah. Never forget you babe. Love you," Drake, who sang with the star posthumously in "Enough Said", wrote on Twitter. Missy Elliot, meanwhile, wrote, "#HappyBirthdayAaliyah we think of u everyday we miss u more than ever! U can never be duplicated. Your a 1 in a Million!"
Solange Knowles said in a Twitter post, "Happy 35th our forever baby girl....Our forever magic....#Aaliyah." JoJo additionally wrote, "Rest in paradise, Babygirl.#AALIYAH #ONEINAMILLION."
Aaliyah passed away in a plane crash in The Bahamas on August 25, 2001. She was 22. The accident also killed eight other passengers.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences