'Listen Up Philip' Gets Sundance Teaser Trailer
With Sundance Film Festival in full swing, one of its films, "Listen Up Philip", releases a teaser trailer. It shows how newly-accomplished novelist Philip, played by Jason Schwartzman, leaves quite an impression on his acquaintances. Some speak highly of him and even offer a helping hand, while others make it clear that they don't like him.
His girlfriend Ashley (Elisabeth Moss), especially, has mixed feelings about him. Though loving her boyfriend, she admits that sometimes he's impossible to live with. "I don't know if we're in the same page anymore," she says. Her sister, meanwhile, bluntly tells the author that he's not welcomed into her house anymore.
Phillip's anger rages as he awaits the publication of his sure-to-succeed second novel. He feels pushed out of his adopted home city by the constant crowds and noise, a deteriorating relationship with his photographer girlfriend, and his own indifference to promoting the novel.
When Philip's idol, Ike Zimmerman, offers his isolated summer home as a refuge, he finally gets the peace and quiet to focus on his favorite subject-himself. But Ike's daughter (Krysten Ritter) is reluctant to have the novelist in their house as she says, "This is supposed to be my time at the house, so if you come, stay out of my way."
The film will be released at the Sundance on January 20, but hasn't got theatrical release date.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage