'Listen Up Philip' Gets Sundance Teaser Trailer
With Sundance Film Festival in full swing, one of its films, "Listen Up Philip", releases a teaser trailer. It shows how newly-accomplished novelist Philip, played by Jason Schwartzman, leaves quite an impression on his acquaintances. Some speak highly of him and even offer a helping hand, while others make it clear that they don't like him.
His girlfriend Ashley (Elisabeth Moss), especially, has mixed feelings about him. Though loving her boyfriend, she admits that sometimes he's impossible to live with. "I don't know if we're in the same page anymore," she says. Her sister, meanwhile, bluntly tells the author that he's not welcomed into her house anymore.
Phillip's anger rages as he awaits the publication of his sure-to-succeed second novel. He feels pushed out of his adopted home city by the constant crowds and noise, a deteriorating relationship with his photographer girlfriend, and his own indifference to promoting the novel.
When Philip's idol, Ike Zimmerman, offers his isolated summer home as a refuge, he finally gets the peace and quiet to focus on his favorite subject-himself. But Ike's daughter (Krysten Ritter) is reluctant to have the novelist in their house as she says, "This is supposed to be my time at the house, so if you come, stay out of my way."
The film will be released at the Sundance on January 20, but hasn't got theatrical release date.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory