Jenni Rivera's Daughter Debuts Song in Honors of Her Late Mother
Jenni Rivera's daughter, Chiquis, has debuted a song dedicated to her late mother who died when her plane crashed in Mexico back in 2012. She took to YouTube to post the song entitled "Paloma Blanca" ("White Dove").
The song comes along with its lyric and an image of Chiquis wearing a white dress while standing in front of a cloud-filled background. It features her singing in banda style, which is a brass-based form of traditional Mexican music.
"You don't know how much I miss you... today I miss your laugh/ From a star you take care of me," she sings at the beginning of the song.
Chiquis, who was reportedly not on good terms with her mom when she died, also hints at the rocky relationship in the song. "I was probably wrong, but it was never that bad/ It is out of this world to betray someone that I love so much," she sings at one point.
The title of Chiquis' song is a nod to "Paloma Negra", a song which her mother dedicated to her during her last concert.
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host