Jenni Rivera's Daughter Debuts Song in Honors of Her Late Mother
Jenni Rivera's daughter, Chiquis, has debuted a song dedicated to her late mother who died when her plane crashed in Mexico back in 2012. She took to YouTube to post the song entitled "Paloma Blanca" ("White Dove").
The song comes along with its lyric and an image of Chiquis wearing a white dress while standing in front of a cloud-filled background. It features her singing in banda style, which is a brass-based form of traditional Mexican music.
"You don't know how much I miss you... today I miss your laugh/ From a star you take care of me," she sings at the beginning of the song.
Chiquis, who was reportedly not on good terms with her mom when she died, also hints at the rocky relationship in the song. "I was probably wrong, but it was never that bad/ It is out of this world to betray someone that I love so much," she sings at one point.
The title of Chiquis' song is a nod to "Paloma Negra", a song which her mother dedicated to her during her last concert.
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date