Harvey Weinstein Says He's Done Making Violent Movies
Harvey Weinstein is taking the heat after revealing his plan to take aim at NRA in movie "The Senator's Wife" with Meryl Streep. The producer is specially criticized for his hypocrisy of making violent films while he cries foul over gun violence.
During an interview with CNN's Piers Morgan, Harvey says, "They have a point. You have to look in the mirror, too. I have to choose movies that aren't violent or as violent as they used to be. I know for me personally, you know, I can't continue to do that."
He continues, "The change starts here. It has already. For me, I can't do it. I can't make one movie and say this is want I want for my kids and then just go out and be a hypocrite."
"Lone Survivor" is the type of war films he will continue to make. "It's a tribute to the United States special forces...that's one thing," he reasons. "I'm not going to make some crazy action movie just to blow up people and exploit people just for the sake of making it."
As far as Streep, the producer says, "People have to remember that Meryl Streep is an actress. She's working as someone whose playing a part and all the heat should come my way."
Earlier, Republican Sen. Ted Cruz cited Quentin Tarantino's 2003 film "Kill Bill", which the Weinstein Co. produced, in his criticism over Harvey's plan to make the anti-NRA movie. Calling the sword fight at the end of the film as "one of the most epically violent scenes," the politician argued, "But you don't see people wanting to ban knives."
Cruz additionally pointed out, "He [Harvey] says he doesn't own a gun, but I bet you there's a good odd that he has armed security around him."
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester