Harvey Weinstein Says He's Done Making Violent Movies
Harvey Weinstein is taking the heat after revealing his plan to take aim at NRA in movie "The Senator's Wife" with Meryl Streep. The producer is specially criticized for his hypocrisy of making violent films while he cries foul over gun violence.
During an interview with CNN's Piers Morgan, Harvey says, "They have a point. You have to look in the mirror, too. I have to choose movies that aren't violent or as violent as they used to be. I know for me personally, you know, I can't continue to do that."
He continues, "The change starts here. It has already. For me, I can't do it. I can't make one movie and say this is want I want for my kids and then just go out and be a hypocrite."
"Lone Survivor" is the type of war films he will continue to make. "It's a tribute to the United States special forces...that's one thing," he reasons. "I'm not going to make some crazy action movie just to blow up people and exploit people just for the sake of making it."
As far as Streep, the producer says, "People have to remember that Meryl Streep is an actress. She's working as someone whose playing a part and all the heat should come my way."
Earlier, Republican Sen. Ted Cruz cited Quentin Tarantino's 2003 film "Kill Bill", which the Weinstein Co. produced, in his criticism over Harvey's plan to make the anti-NRA movie. Calling the sword fight at the end of the film as "one of the most epically violent scenes," the politician argued, "But you don't see people wanting to ban knives."
Cruz additionally pointed out, "He [Harvey] says he doesn't own a gun, but I bet you there's a good odd that he has armed security around him."
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones