'Man of Steel 2' Moved Back a Year From Summer 2015 to 2016
"Man of Steel 2" will hit theaters later than initially scheduled, Warner Bros. announces. Directed by Zack Snyder, the Superman vs. Batman film was originally set to be released on July 17, 2015, but now it is moved back to May 6, 2016.
The delay is to allow the filmmakers "time to realize fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story." The studio explains that "the decision was made following the shift of the start of production to second quarter of this year."
The announcement comes on heels of rumor that Ben Affleck who will play the caped crusader in the film has suffered a leg injury, prompting the production to get pushed back by six weeks. It's unclear if there's truth to the report.
The July 17 date is now occupied by Joe Wright's "Peter Pan (2015)" which was initially planned to come out on June 26. Other July releases are "Terminator: Genesis" (July 1), "Minions" (July 10), and "Ant-Man" (July 31).
Meanwhile, the "Man of Steel" sequel now joins an untitled Marvel project I which is due May 6, 2016, and "Alice in Wonderland 2" as well as "X-Men: Apocalypse" which are set to face off each other on May 27.
Henry Cavill will return as Superman, Amy Adams will reprise her role as Lois Lane, and Gal Gadot is brought in as Wonder Woman. Some other Justice League members like Nightwing and Green Lantern are rumored to make appearance, but no official word has been made to confirm them.
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs