Johnny Depp Is Engaged to Amber Heard, Sources Say
Johnny Depp is engaged to marry Amber Heard, multiple sources say. After Heard was spotted wearing a diamond ring on her ring finger, a source close to the couple told PEOPLE that the star and his girlfriend were engaged, but the actress only "told close friends" about the happy news.
"Of course they couldn't be happier to be engaged and excited to share the rest of their lives together," the source said. "Amber has really taken well to the kids and really enjoys spending time with them. And she's even taken Lily shopping on her own for some bonding time."
Another source close to the family previously confirmed the engagement to Celebuzz. "It happened on Christmas Eve. Amber really took her time to make up her mind," the source explained. The source added that Heard needed some time to think about the proposal, saying, "She turned him down before before she said yes. So she waited and was thinking about it for a long time."
Depp and Heard met on the set of "The Rum Diary". The two stars went public with their romance after the actor announced his split from longtime partner Vanessa Paradis in 2012. The former couple was together for 14 years and they have two children together, a 14-year-old daughter Lily-Rose and an 11-year-old son Jack. Heard, meanwhile, was previously in a 4-year-relationship with photographer Tasya van Ree.
More Johnny Depp News
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack