Johnny Depp Is Engaged to Amber Heard, Sources Say
Johnny Depp is engaged to marry Amber Heard, multiple sources say. After Heard was spotted wearing a diamond ring on her ring finger, a source close to the couple told PEOPLE that the star and his girlfriend were engaged, but the actress only "told close friends" about the happy news.
"Of course they couldn't be happier to be engaged and excited to share the rest of their lives together," the source said. "Amber has really taken well to the kids and really enjoys spending time with them. And she's even taken Lily shopping on her own for some bonding time."
Another source close to the family previously confirmed the engagement to Celebuzz. "It happened on Christmas Eve. Amber really took her time to make up her mind," the source explained. The source added that Heard needed some time to think about the proposal, saying, "She turned him down before before she said yes. So she waited and was thinking about it for a long time."
Depp and Heard met on the set of "The Rum Diary". The two stars went public with their romance after the actor announced his split from longtime partner Vanessa Paradis in 2012. The former couple was together for 14 years and they have two children together, a 14-year-old daughter Lily-Rose and an 11-year-old son Jack. Heard, meanwhile, was previously in a 4-year-relationship with photographer Tasya van Ree.
More Johnny Depp News
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them