Report: Beyonce and Madonna to Perform at Grammys
Beyonce Knowles has reportedly been added to the line-up of performers at the upcoming Grammy Awards. Sources told L.A. Times that the diva's upcoming appearance at the biggest night in music would be her first televised performance in support of surprise self-titled set "Beyonce".
Ken Ehrlich, the producer of Grammy Awards, didn't confirm or deny Beyonce's performance. "Let's put it this way ... We have a really great history that goes back to the early days of Destiny's Child," he said. "I love working with [Beyonce]. She's incredible. She is so into what it is that she does and making sure that everybody who sees her walks away saying, 'wow.' "
"Should she be on the show this year? I would think that the potential is there for that kind of moment," he continued.
Another source told L.A. Times that Madonna would also come to the awards show as a performer. "[She] is expected to pop up and lend guest vocals during a performance from one of the night's nominees," the site reported.
If the report is true, Beyonce and Madonna will join other performers which include Taylor Swift, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Imagine Dragons, Pink, Daft Punk, Katy Perry and Metallica. The latter will perform their "One" with Chinese concert pianist Lang Lang.
The band, who last performed at the event in 1991, is now preparing their upcoming appearance which they have said will be "insane."
"It's gonna be completely insane," guitarist Kirk Hammett told Rolling Stone. "Lang Lang has interjected himself into the song in a way I don't think anyone else has ever done in the course of our career. He's going to be playing major parts of the song. He's going to be playing through the melody."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance