Lena Dunham and Vogue Respond to Photoshop Controversy
Lena Dunham has been revealed as the cover girl of Vogue for its February issue. Dunham's appearance in the magazine, however, has sparked allegation whether her photos were digitally altered. On Thursday, January 16, a feminist site Jezebel offered $10,000 for unaltered photos from the magazine spread and they received six photos in two hours.
Before the alleged original photos were published, the creator of "Girls" took to Twitter to share some wise words. Without mentioning the photo controversy, Dunham wrote. "Some s**t is just too ridiculous to engage. Let's use our energy wisely, 2014." She also replied to someone's tweet, saying, "10k? Give it to charity then just order HBO."
Jezebel claimed that the magazine had altered some parts of Dunham's body and face in the photos. They also pointed out that a pigeon on Dunham's head in one snap was from stock photo. Vogue then took to Instagram to slam the accusation, sharing a photo of a man styling the actress with a pigeon on her head. "The Vogue pigeon. Any questions?" they captioned the snap.
In a post offering the bounty, editor Jessica Coen explained that they did not want to see "what Dunham herself 'really' looks like," but they were talking about body image issue. On Friday morning, Dunham posted a tweet which seemingly addressed the Photoshop controversy, writing, "Way cooler when people do things out of pure blind spite than out of faux altruism."
More Lena Dunham News
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2