Kristen Stewart Premieres 'Camp X-Ray' at Sundance Film Festival
Kristen Stewart came to Sundance Film Festival on Friday, January 17 in Park City, Utah. The "Snow White and the Huntsman" star was all smiles as she posed for the photographers at the special screening of her new movie "Camp X-Ray" at the Eccles Center Theatre.
She looked casual in skinny jeans and a striped shirt topped with a jacket. She rocked side cornrows and her trademark tousled hairdo. She was joined by co-stars John Carroll Lynch, Peyman Moaadi, Lane Garrison, Ser'Darius Blain, Tara Holt, Joseph Julian Soria, and writer/director Peter Sattler.
The film follows a young woman who joins the military and ends up as a new guard at Guantanamo Bay, where her mission is far from black and white. To prepare for her role, Stewart said she met with military people and "watched a lot documentaries."
Garrison, meanwhile, said the experience of making the movie changed the way he viewed the Guantanamo Bay. "Before I did this movie, I thought everyone down [in Guantanamo Bay] was responsible for 9/11," the actor explained.
"After this film, I started asking questions. There are still 170 men down there that no country wants. What if one guy down there is innocent and is not a terrorist?" he added. "It made me start asking questions. I hope this film does that for others."
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'