Kristen Stewart Premieres 'Camp X-Ray' at Sundance Film Festival
Kristen Stewart came to Sundance Film Festival on Friday, January 17 in Park City, Utah. The "Snow White and the Huntsman" star was all smiles as she posed for the photographers at the special screening of her new movie "Camp X-Ray" at the Eccles Center Theatre.
She looked casual in skinny jeans and a striped shirt topped with a jacket. She rocked side cornrows and her trademark tousled hairdo. She was joined by co-stars John Carroll Lynch, Peyman Moaadi, Lane Garrison, Ser'Darius Blain, Tara Holt, Joseph Julian Soria, and writer/director Peter Sattler.
The film follows a young woman who joins the military and ends up as a new guard at Guantanamo Bay, where her mission is far from black and white. To prepare for her role, Stewart said she met with military people and "watched a lot documentaries."
Garrison, meanwhile, said the experience of making the movie changed the way he viewed the Guantanamo Bay. "Before I did this movie, I thought everyone down [in Guantanamo Bay] was responsible for 9/11," the actor explained.
"After this film, I started asking questions. There are still 170 men down there that no country wants. What if one guy down there is innocent and is not a terrorist?" he added. "It made me start asking questions. I hope this film does that for others."
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy