William H. Macy Rips and Mocks One Direction
For having a teenage daughter, veteran actor William H. Macy is exposed to the hysteria of One Direction. Instead of praising the British boyband, the "Shameless" star revealed that he was less than impressed after attending one of their concerts.
During his interview on Thursday, January 16's "Live! With Kelly and Michael", Macy said, "I've been in showbiz all my life, so, let me just say, those guys can sing. They are very talented. They couldn't put on a good show with a gun to their head."
Macy admitted that his 13-year-old daughter Sofia "loved it and so did about 17,000 other kids," but later mocked the group's choreography. He recalled seeing Harry Styles eating sandwiches while on stage. "I mean call me old-fashioned, but when I'm downstage singing my heart out, you better not eat a sandwich behind me," he said.
Macy also took on the subject of the boys' stage wardrobe. He said they went from wearing "crappy jeans and stupid T-shirt" to "another pair of crappy jeans and stupid T-shirt."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger