Actor Dave Madden and 'Wizard of Oz' Munchkin Ruth Robinson Duccini Pass Away
Following the sad news of Russell Johnson's passing, entertainment world lost two more memorable actors. Dave Madden who is popular for his appearance on 1970s sitcom "The Partridge Family" died on Thursday, January 16 in Florida at the age of 82.
His niece Mary Frances Miller told The Associated Press that Madden passed away at a hospice center near his home in the Jacksonville area. His former agent additionally told TMZ that the actor who played band manager Reuben Kincaid on the popular show suffered from congestive heart and kidney failure prior to his death.
Madden was born on December 17, 1931, in Ontario, Canada. He made his first TV appearance on "Camp Runamuck" in the mid-1960s. In addition to the shows, his credits included "Bewitched", "Barney Miller", "Happy Days", "The Love Boat" and "Fantasy Island". He is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter from a previous marriage.
On the same day as Madden's passing, actress Ruth Robinson Duccini who played Munchkin in "The Wizard of Oz" passed away in Solari Hospice Care Center in Las Vegas. She was 95. Stephen Cox, the author of "The Munchkins of Oz", confirmed the sad news to The Associated Press. Cox said he learned the news from Duccini's son.
Following Duccini's passing, now there is only one surviving member out of the 124 original Munchkins. The only remaining actor is Jerry Maren, 93, of Los Angeles.
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs