'Gravity' and 'American Hustle' Win Big at 2014 Critics' Choice Movie Awards
"Gravity" and "American Hustle" dominate the winner list at the recent Critics' Choice Movie Awards. "Gravity" leads the pack with a total of seven prizes including Best Director for Alfonso Cuaron and Best Actress in an Action Movie for Sandra Bullock.
"I'd like to thank Jackie Chan, Sylvester Stallone, Jean-Claude Van Damme for teaching me everything I know," Bullock joked as she mentioned a list of veteran action stars while accepting her win. She then dropped an F-bomb, "What the f**k?! I'm an action star."
The 49-year-old actress also thanked director Cuaron before quipping, "And George Clooney for floating away and never coming back," apparently poking fun at Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's joke at the Golden Globe Awards over the weekend.
"American Hustle" follows "Gravity" domination with four gongs, including Best Acting Comedy and Best Comedy. Cast member Bradley Cooper also dropped some expletive, referring his co-stars as "these f**king actors" when taking the stage to accept the movie's Best Comedy award.
The trend was followed by another winner Cate Blanchett. The 44-year-old mother of three said when collecting her Best Actress title, "[My kids] don't give a s**t about what I do. But they should be grateful it is I, and not Jasmine French, who is their mother."
The top prize of the night, Best Picture, went to "12 Years a Slave". The movie also helped Lupita Nyong'o earn Best Supporting Actress and John Ridley Best Adapted Screenplay. Meanwhile, "Dallas Buyers Club" duo Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto won Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor respectively.
- Best Picture: "12 Years a Slave"
- Best Director: Alfonso Cuaron - "Gravity"
- Best Actor: Matthew McConaughey - "Dallas Buyers Club"
- Best Actress: Cate Blanchett - "Blue Jasmine"
- Best Supporting Actor: Jared Leto - "Dallas Buyers Club"
- Best Supporting Actress: Lupita Nyong'o - "12 Years a Slave"
- Best Original Screenplay: Spike Jonze - "Her"
- Best Adapted Screenplay: John Ridley - "12 Years a Slave"
- Best Art Direction: Catherine Martin (Production Designer), Beverley Dunn (Set Decorator) - "The Great Gatsby"
- Best Cinematography: Emmanuel Lubezki - "Gravity"
- Best Costume Design: Catherine Martin - "The Great Gatsby"
- Best Editing: Alfonso Cuaron, Mark Sanger - "Gravity"
- Best Makeup: "American Hustle"
- Best Song: "Let It Go" by Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez - "Frozen (2013)"
- Best Score: Steven Price - "Gravity"
- Best Visual Effects: - "Gravity"
- Best Animated Feature: "Frozen (2013)"
- Best Foreign Language Film: "Blue Is the Warmest Color"
- Best Documentary Feature: "Twenty Feet From Stardom"
- Best Young Actor/Actress: Adele Exarchopoulos - "Blue Is the Warmest Color"
- Best Acting Ensemble: "American Hustle"
- Best Action Movie: "Lone Survivor"
- Best Actor in an Action Movie: Mark Wahlberg - "Lone Survivor"
- Best Actress in an Action Movie: Sandra Bullock - "Gravity"
- Best Comedy: "American Hustle"
- Best Actor in a Comedy: Leonardo DiCaprio - "The Wolf of Wall Street"
- Best Actress in a Comedy: Amy Adams - "American Hustle"
- Best Sci-Fi/Horror Movie: "Gravity"
- Joel Siegel Award: Forest Whitaker
- Louis XIII Genius Award: Julie Delpy, Ethan Hawke, Richard Linklater for trilogy "Before Sunrise", "Before Sunset", "Before Midnight"
- Hollywood's Hottest Star: Benedict Cumberbatch
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!