Lily Allen Promises Her New Album Will Make People Angry
Lily Allen made controversy with her comeback single "Hard Out Here" and its accompanying music video. However, she has vowed that she won't just stop there. In an interview with NME, the British singer says that people "will find things to get angry about" on her upcoming album.
"When you put something out there, people want to write about it," she says in the latest issue of the magazine. "They want the hits, they want American Apparel to advertise on their blog. So, yeah, I'm sure people will find things to get angry about on the record."
Speaking about the sound of her new music, the mother of two explains that she's working on a modern sounding pop album. She explains, "The last couple [of albums] looked to the past for their influences, whether it was ska or reggae or whatever, but this one doesn't do that at all. There's one that has a quite country-ish, Primal Scream-y vibe to it - but that's about the extent of it."
Allen recently dropped "Air Balloon" as the second single off her new album, which will serve as the follow-up to 2009's "It's Not Me, It's You". She has filmed a music video for the track in South Africa.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival