Lily Allen Promises Her New Album Will Make People Angry
Lily Allen made controversy with her comeback single "Hard Out Here" and its accompanying music video. However, she has vowed that she won't just stop there. In an interview with NME, the British singer says that people "will find things to get angry about" on her upcoming album.
"When you put something out there, people want to write about it," she says in the latest issue of the magazine. "They want the hits, they want American Apparel to advertise on their blog. So, yeah, I'm sure people will find things to get angry about on the record."
Speaking about the sound of her new music, the mother of two explains that she's working on a modern sounding pop album. She explains, "The last couple [of albums] looked to the past for their influences, whether it was ska or reggae or whatever, but this one doesn't do that at all. There's one that has a quite country-ish, Primal Scream-y vibe to it - but that's about the extent of it."
Allen recently dropped "Air Balloon" as the second single off her new album, which will serve as the follow-up to 2009's "It's Not Me, It's You". She has filmed a music video for the track in South Africa.
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2