NBC Orders Will Ferrell's 'Anchorman'-Esque Comedy
NBC has ordered three comedy pilots, including one from Will Ferrell. Executive produced by the "Megamind" star and Adam McKay, "Mission Control" is set in 1962 and in the tone of "Anchorman".
The workplace ensemble follows a strong woman who butts heads with a macho astronaut in the race to land on the moon. "How to Be a Gentleman" creator/star David Hornsby wrote and executive produces the pilot.
"Love Is Relative" hailed from "Borat" and "Bruno" writer Dan Mazer has also received a pilot order from NBC. The multi-camera comedy centers on a couple who start to see their marriage in a whole new way after her newly divorced brother moves in. Mazer, Tom Werner and Tom Lassally will serve as executive producers.
The third comedy pilot that has been picked up by the Peacock is "Ellen More or Less" (working title, previously called "Formerly Fat Girl") about an average size woman begins reinventing herself in life and love after losing 100 lbs. Loosely based on the nonfiction book "10 Lessons From a Former Fat Girl", it written by J.J. Philbin ("New Girl") and executive produced by Jason Katims ("Parenthood").
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding