NBC Orders Will Ferrell's 'Anchorman'-Esque Comedy
NBC has ordered three comedy pilots, including one from Will Ferrell. Executive produced by the "Megamind" star and Adam McKay, "Mission Control" is set in 1962 and in the tone of "Anchorman".
The workplace ensemble follows a strong woman who butts heads with a macho astronaut in the race to land on the moon. "How to Be a Gentleman" creator/star David Hornsby wrote and executive produces the pilot.
"Love Is Relative" hailed from "Borat" and "Bruno" writer Dan Mazer has also received a pilot order from NBC. The multi-camera comedy centers on a couple who start to see their marriage in a whole new way after her newly divorced brother moves in. Mazer, Tom Werner and Tom Lassally will serve as executive producers.
The third comedy pilot that has been picked up by the Peacock is "Ellen More or Less" (working title, previously called "Formerly Fat Girl") about an average size woman begins reinventing herself in life and love after losing 100 lbs. Loosely based on the nonfiction book "10 Lessons From a Former Fat Girl", it written by J.J. Philbin ("New Girl") and executive produced by Jason Katims ("Parenthood").
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!