NBC Orders Will Ferrell's 'Anchorman'-Esque Comedy
NBC has ordered three comedy pilots, including one from Will Ferrell. Executive produced by the "Megamind" star and Adam McKay, "Mission Control" is set in 1962 and in the tone of "Anchorman".
The workplace ensemble follows a strong woman who butts heads with a macho astronaut in the race to land on the moon. "How to Be a Gentleman" creator/star David Hornsby wrote and executive produces the pilot.
"Love Is Relative" hailed from "Borat" and "Bruno" writer Dan Mazer has also received a pilot order from NBC. The multi-camera comedy centers on a couple who start to see their marriage in a whole new way after her newly divorced brother moves in. Mazer, Tom Werner and Tom Lassally will serve as executive producers.
The third comedy pilot that has been picked up by the Peacock is "Ellen More or Less" (working title, previously called "Formerly Fat Girl") about an average size woman begins reinventing herself in life and love after losing 100 lbs. Loosely based on the nonfiction book "10 Lessons From a Former Fat Girl", it written by J.J. Philbin ("New Girl") and executive produced by Jason Katims ("Parenthood").
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps