NBC Orders Will Ferrell's 'Anchorman'-Esque Comedy
NBC has ordered three comedy pilots, including one from Will Ferrell. Executive produced by the "Megamind" star and Adam McKay, "Mission Control" is set in 1962 and in the tone of "Anchorman".
The workplace ensemble follows a strong woman who butts heads with a macho astronaut in the race to land on the moon. "How to Be a Gentleman" creator/star David Hornsby wrote and executive produces the pilot.
"Love Is Relative" hailed from "Borat" and "Bruno" writer Dan Mazer has also received a pilot order from NBC. The multi-camera comedy centers on a couple who start to see their marriage in a whole new way after her newly divorced brother moves in. Mazer, Tom Werner and Tom Lassally will serve as executive producers.
The third comedy pilot that has been picked up by the Peacock is "Ellen More or Less" (working title, previously called "Formerly Fat Girl") about an average size woman begins reinventing herself in life and love after losing 100 lbs. Loosely based on the nonfiction book "10 Lessons From a Former Fat Girl", it written by J.J. Philbin ("New Girl") and executive produced by Jason Katims ("Parenthood").
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?