NBC Orders Will Ferrell's 'Anchorman'-Esque Comedy
NBC has ordered three comedy pilots, including one from Will Ferrell. Executive produced by the "Megamind" star and Adam McKay, "Mission Control" is set in 1962 and in the tone of "Anchorman".
The workplace ensemble follows a strong woman who butts heads with a macho astronaut in the race to land on the moon. "How to Be a Gentleman" creator/star David Hornsby wrote and executive produces the pilot.
"Love Is Relative" hailed from "Borat" and "Bruno" writer Dan Mazer has also received a pilot order from NBC. The multi-camera comedy centers on a couple who start to see their marriage in a whole new way after her newly divorced brother moves in. Mazer, Tom Werner and Tom Lassally will serve as executive producers.
The third comedy pilot that has been picked up by the Peacock is "Ellen More or Less" (working title, previously called "Formerly Fat Girl") about an average size woman begins reinventing herself in life and love after losing 100 lbs. Loosely based on the nonfiction book "10 Lessons From a Former Fat Girl", it written by J.J. Philbin ("New Girl") and executive produced by Jason Katims ("Parenthood").
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video