Kanye West's 'Yeezus' Certified Platinum
Kanye West's "Yeezus" has been certified platinum, as it has shipped over a million copies per January 8. Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) congratulates West on Twitter on Wednesday, January 15, writing, "Congratulations to @kanyewest on his 7th @RIAA #Platinum album award for 'Yeezus' - he's 7 for 7! W @DefJamRecords."
Released on June 18, the album marks West's seventh studio effort that has gone platinum. All of his previous albums, including 2004 debut set "The College Dropout" and 2011 collaborative album with Jay-Z "Watch the Throne", have also passed one million mark.
"Yeezus" arrived on the same day as J. Cole's "Born Sinner" and Mac Miller's "Watching Movies With the Sound Off". West's latest album spent its first week at No. 1 on Billboard 200 with 327,000, while Cole and Miller's album at No. 2 and No. 3 respectively.
To support his record, West embarked on his "Yeezus" tour last October. After wrapping it up in December, Kim Kardashian's other half recently announced additional dates for the tour. The first show will take place at Bryce Jordan Center in University Park, Philadelphia on February 13.
More Kanye West News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory