Hilary Duff Tells Fans Not to Believe Rumors From 'Trash Magazines'
Hilary Duff has asked fans not to believe rumors about her which emerged following her split from husband Mike Comrie. The actress who played alongside Steve Martin and Tom Welling in "Cheaper by the Dozen" took to Twitter to tell fans not to easily believe the reports. "Don't believe the s**t you read!&don't buy trash magazines! They are so gross and so negative:( they Literally make my skin crawl. #Beaboveit," she wrote on Wednesday, January 15.
Duff and her husband announced their split on Friday, January 10. In a statement to PEOPLE, her representative said, "Hilary Duff and husband Mike Comrie have mutually decided to an amicable separation. They remain best friends and will continue to be in each other's lives. They are dedicated to loving and parenting their amazing son, and ask for privacy at this time." The couple has a 22-month-old son Luca.
Following the announcement, rumors about the cause of split emerged. Star magazine claimed that the couple went separate ways because Duff did not want to expand their family. "He wanted another baby, but Hilary is determined to be a Hollywood actress. She feels like she's just hitting her stride and that committing to a second child would thwart her chances of making it to the A-list," the magazine reported, quoting a so-called source.
Another source, meanwhile, said that the pair had tried everything including counseling before deciding to call it quits. "She felt he didn't put enough effort into the relationship," a source told Us Weekly, adding that they tried counseling for 18 months, "but recently he wasn't doing any of the things they'd worked on." Another source claimed that the pair realized "the spark was no longer there" and "they are better as friends."
More Hilary Duff News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!