Hilary Duff Tells Fans Not to Believe Rumors From 'Trash Magazines'
Hilary Duff has asked fans not to believe rumors about her which emerged following her split from husband Mike Comrie. The actress who played alongside Steve Martin and Tom Welling in "Cheaper by the Dozen" took to Twitter to tell fans not to easily believe the reports. "Don't believe the s**t you read!&don't buy trash magazines! They are so gross and so negative:( they Literally make my skin crawl. #Beaboveit," she wrote on Wednesday, January 15.
Duff and her husband announced their split on Friday, January 10. In a statement to PEOPLE, her representative said, "Hilary Duff and husband Mike Comrie have mutually decided to an amicable separation. They remain best friends and will continue to be in each other's lives. They are dedicated to loving and parenting their amazing son, and ask for privacy at this time." The couple has a 22-month-old son Luca.
Following the announcement, rumors about the cause of split emerged. Star magazine claimed that the couple went separate ways because Duff did not want to expand their family. "He wanted another baby, but Hilary is determined to be a Hollywood actress. She feels like she's just hitting her stride and that committing to a second child would thwart her chances of making it to the A-list," the magazine reported, quoting a so-called source.
Another source, meanwhile, said that the pair had tried everything including counseling before deciding to call it quits. "She felt he didn't put enough effort into the relationship," a source told Us Weekly, adding that they tried counseling for 18 months, "but recently he wasn't doing any of the things they'd worked on." Another source claimed that the pair realized "the spark was no longer there" and "they are better as friends."
More Hilary Duff News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?