Video: Jimmy Fallon and Bruce Springsteen Take a Dig at Gov. Christie Traffic Jam
Gov. Chris Christie may have been a fan of Bruce Springsteen, but the singer has never returned the same admiration. Instead, The Boss recently teamed up with Jimmy Fallon to mock the New Jersey Governor regarding his alleged involvement in the closing of access lane to George Washington Bridge last September.
The comedian, dressing in Springsteen's "Born in the USA" attire, starts the "Born to Run" parody on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon". "In the day we sweated out on the streets stuck in traffic on the GWB/ they shut down the toll booths of glory cuz we didn't endorse Christie," he sings, strumming his guitar.
The real Springsteen then joins Fallon, singing, "Governor, let me in, I want to be your friend, there'll be no partisan divisions/ let me wrap my legs round your mighty ribs, relieve your stressful condition." He continues, "Man I really gotta take a leak, but I can't/ I'm stuck in Governor Chris Christie's Fort Lee, New Jersey traffic jam."
"Highway's jammed with pissed off drivers with no place left to go, and the press conference went on and on," Fallon belts out another line, before Springsteen jumps in, "It was longer than one of my own damn shows."
Speculation has risen that Christie's top aides orchestrated the closing of access lanes to the bridge that connects Fort Lee, New Jersey to New York City in an alleged act of political retribution against Fort Lee mayor Mark Sokolich for declining to endorse Christie's re-election campaign.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics