Video: Jimmy Fallon and Bruce Springsteen Take a Dig at Gov. Christie Traffic Jam
Gov. Chris Christie may have been a fan of Bruce Springsteen, but the singer has never returned the same admiration. Instead, The Boss recently teamed up with Jimmy Fallon to mock the New Jersey Governor regarding his alleged involvement in the closing of access lane to George Washington Bridge last September.
The comedian, dressing in Springsteen's "Born in the USA" attire, starts the "Born to Run" parody on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon". "In the day we sweated out on the streets stuck in traffic on the GWB/ they shut down the toll booths of glory cuz we didn't endorse Christie," he sings, strumming his guitar.
The real Springsteen then joins Fallon, singing, "Governor, let me in, I want to be your friend, there'll be no partisan divisions/ let me wrap my legs round your mighty ribs, relieve your stressful condition." He continues, "Man I really gotta take a leak, but I can't/ I'm stuck in Governor Chris Christie's Fort Lee, New Jersey traffic jam."
"Highway's jammed with pissed off drivers with no place left to go, and the press conference went on and on," Fallon belts out another line, before Springsteen jumps in, "It was longer than one of my own damn shows."
Speculation has risen that Christie's top aides orchestrated the closing of access lanes to the bridge that connects Fort Lee, New Jersey to New York City in an alleged act of political retribution against Fort Lee mayor Mark Sokolich for declining to endorse Christie's re-election campaign.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story