Anne Hathaway and Mark Wahlberg Originally Set for 'Silver Linings Playbook'
Turns out Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper were not the first choices to star in "Silver Linings Playbook" two years ago. Harvey Weinstein recently revealed that Anne Hathaway and Mark Wahlberg were originally booked for the movie.
"We had Annie and then we had Mark ... then whatever happened, happened," the producer opened up in an interview with Howard Stern. "Well, David [O. Russell] and Anne had some creative differences. They didn't see eye-to-eye."
"I've always believed if we can't get somebody established, we'll find somebody new," he explained. "Jennifer Lawrence and two or three other actress came in, and the minute we saw Jennifer Lawrence's tape . . . Because I said, 'How the hell are we gonna replace Annie?' "
"And then this amazing creature walked in who is a brilliant actress, and so much fun, and she won an Oscar," he said of Lawrence. Her performance as mentally unstable widow Tiffany Matthews earned her Best Actress titles at both Oscars and Golden Globe Awards.
Although letting go of "Linings Playbook", Hathaway still had a triumphant year, thanks to her portrayal of prostitute Fantine in musical drama "Les Miserables". She won Best Supporting Actress both at the Academy Awards and the Golden Globes that year.
Wahlberg himself enjoyed the success of his raunchy comedy "Ted" in 2012. Directed by Seth MacFarlane and supported by Mila Kunis, the film went on to become the highest-grossing original R-rated comedy of all time. It's also vying for Best Original Song at the Oscars.
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard