Chinese Government Lifts Ban on Lady GaGa's Music
Lady GaGa's music is no longer banned in China. The government of the country has finally lifted the ban nearly three years after they said that GaGa's songs were too vulgar and put them on a "poor taste" blacklist along with nearly 100 songs by other artists, which included Katy Perry, Beyonce Knowles and Backstreet Boys.
Now that GaGa's music is allowed in China, her new album "ARTPOP" has been approved for release in the country with no changes. The Mother Monster has voiced her excitement on Twitter, saying, "I'm so excited!!!! The Chinese Government Approved 'ARTPOP' to be released in China with all 15 songs! Next I hope I can come to perform!"
Back in 2011, Chinese goverment gave music sites three weeks to remove the songs which were said to harm "national cultural security." GaGa had her six songs banned, including "Marry the Night" and "The Edge of Glory". Backstreet Boys' "I Want It That Way", which was released 10 years before the ruling, was also banned.
GaGa is now gearing up to embark on her "ARTPOP Ball Tour", which will kick off at Florida's BB & T Center in Fort Lauderdale on May 4, 2014. In other GaGa news, the New York native has been nominated for Razzie's Worst Supporting Actress for her appearance in "Machete Kills". She's nominated in the same category with Lindsay Lohan, Salma Hayek, Katherine Heigl and Kim Kardashian.
More Lady GaGa News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie