Steven Spielberg Beats Oprah Winfrey in Forbes' List of Most Influential Celebrities
Forbes has released this year's list of Most Influential Celebrities. Oprah Winfrey, who topped the list last year, comes second this year. She gains 45% of influential rating, while last year she received 48% of influential rating.
The first spot, meanwhile, is taken by Steven Spielberg who was in second place last year. The "Lincoln" director scores 47 for influence, which means 47% of U.S. population believes he is influential. According to the magazine, Winfrey's position slipped to number two because she worked more behind the scene.
More filmmakers take a spot on the list. George Lucas gains the third position with 43% of influential rating, while the fourth position is taken by Ron Howard who scores 41% of influential rating. Martin Scorsese rounds out the top five with 40% of influential rating.
Forbes compiles the list based on E-Poll Market Research. For the E-Score Celebrity service, 6,600 popular names were ranked based on 46 attributes. "A celebrity's 'Influential' score represents how that person is perceived as influencing the public, their peers, or both," says the president of E-Poll Market Research Gerry Philpott. "If anyone doubts that Steven Spielberg has greatly influenced the public, think about how many will think for a second before going into the water this summer."
Top 10 of Most Influential Celebrities in 2014:
- Steven Spielberg - 47%
- Oprah Winfrey - 45%
- George Lucas - 43%
- Ron Howard - 41%
- Martin Scorsese - 40%
- Dr. Mehmet Oz - 40%
- Barbara Walters - 37%
- Bono - 37%
- Stan Lee - 37%
- Rush Limbaugh - 36%
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event