Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Eyed to Reunite for 'A Speck in the Sea'
Ben Affleck and Matt Damon could reunite in a new movie, more than a decade after their brilliant pairing in "Good Will Hunting". Page Six reports that the two A-list actors are wanted to play the lead roles in "A Speck in the Sea" about a real-life sea survival story.
The project will follow fisherman John Aldridge who fell into the Atlantic 40 miles off Montauk while his boat was on autopilot and his partner Anthony Sosinski was asleep. He used his rubber boots as flotation devices while lost for 12 hours at sea before he was rescued.
The Weinstein Company got movie rights to the true story after it was recounted by Paul Tough in New York Times this month. "Sosinski had a reputation on the docks as a fun-loving loudmouth, a bit of a clown," Tough said, "but Aldridge was the opposite: quiet, intense, determined."
Talking to the anchors on CBS This Morning, Weinsten said he told Affleck in an email, "I always wanted to see you underwater." But the studio's executive played coy when asked what answer he got, "What they wrote back to me whatever I cannot say on a family television show."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal