Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Eyed to Reunite for 'A Speck in the Sea'
Ben Affleck and Matt Damon could reunite in a new movie, more than a decade after their brilliant pairing in "Good Will Hunting". Page Six reports that the two A-list actors are wanted to play the lead roles in "A Speck in the Sea" about a real-life sea survival story.
The project will follow fisherman John Aldridge who fell into the Atlantic 40 miles off Montauk while his boat was on autopilot and his partner Anthony Sosinski was asleep. He used his rubber boots as flotation devices while lost for 12 hours at sea before he was rescued.
The Weinstein Company got movie rights to the true story after it was recounted by Paul Tough in New York Times this month. "Sosinski had a reputation on the docks as a fun-loving loudmouth, a bit of a clown," Tough said, "but Aldridge was the opposite: quiet, intense, determined."
Talking to the anchors on CBS This Morning, Weinsten said he told Affleck in an email, "I always wanted to see you underwater." But the studio's executive played coy when asked what answer he got, "What they wrote back to me whatever I cannot say on a family television show."
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her