New 'Django' Film to See Original Star Franco Nero as Movie Consultant
Details of a new "Django" movie are unraveled. Set in 1915, it stars original star Franco Nero as former gunslinger Django who is hired as a movie consultant in Hollywood. There he runs afoul of racketeers, forcing him to flee to a town policed by violent radicals who take influence from D.W. Griffith's "Birth of a Nation".
Made on an estimated shoestring budget of $5 million, the film titled "Django Lives" will be directed by Joe D'Augustine, who previously worked with Quentin Tarantino in "Inglourious Basterds" and "Kill Bill". Mark Boone Junior, Noah Segan, and Tomas Milian are expected to join the cast ensemble.
The project was first announced last summer. Nero told The Hollywood Reporter that it would be "the final chapter in Django's story."
Italian actor Nero, now 72 years old, first starred as the titular cowboy in Sergio Corbucci's classic "Django" film released in 1966. Many other "Django" films led by someone other than Nero were released throughout the years. He then reprised his role in 1987's sequel "Django 2" directed by Nello Rossati.
A new generation of "Django" was later introduced by Tarantino in "Django Unchained" with Jamie Foxx starring as the male lead. In the 2012 spaghetti western film supported by Christoph Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio, Nero made a cameo appearance as an Italian Mandingo Fighter manager.
Tarantino himself is currently preparing for another western pic. Waltz and Bruce Dern are eyed to star in the film called "The Hateful Eight".
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce