Lena Dunham: 'Sexuality Isn't a Perfect Puzzle'
Lena Dunham has landed on the cover of Vogue magazine for its February issue. On the front page, the "Girls" star can be seen sporting a polka-dot shirt while making confused expression. In an interview for the spread, Dunham talks about various topics such as the TV series and her private personality.
Speaking to Nathan Heller, Dunham addresses people's criticism about her on-screen character Hannah's brief romance with a handsome doctor played by Patrick Wilson. "It's like, 'Have you been out on the street lately?' Everyone dates everyone, for lots of reasons we can't understand," she says.
"Sexuality isn't a perfect puzzle, like, 'He has a nice nose and she has a nice nose! She's got great breasts and he's got great calves! And so they're going to live happily ever after in a house that was purchased with their modeling money!' It's a complicated thing. I want people ultimately, even if they're disturbed by certain moments, to feel bolstered and normalized by the sex that's on the show," Dunham adds.
In the interview, Dunham additionally reveals that she is actually a private person. She admits, "No one would describe me as a private person, but I actually really am. It's important for me to have a lot of time alone, and to have a lot of time in my house by myself. My entire life sort of takes place between me and my dog, my books, and my boyfriend, and my private world. To me, privacy isn't necessarily equated with secret-keeping. What's private is my relationship with myself."
Despite her success, Dunham says that she can relate to Hannah's struggle. "I still go to a party and say something embarrassing to someone, and then write them a weird e-mail about it the next day, and then write them a text because I think they didn't get the e-mail. No matter what happens with your level of success, you still have to deal with all the baggage that is yourself," the 27-year-old star explains with a smile.
More Lena Dunham News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show