CW Seed Picks Up 'Veronica Mars' Digital Spin-Off
"Veronica Mars" revival continues with a digital spin-off series. After Rob Thomas' successful Kickstarter campaign to make a "Veronica Mars" movie, Kristen Bell and co-stars will head to CW Seed, the network's digital programming site.
The CW president Mark Pedowitz announced at the TCA winter press tour, "Rob and I spoke last night, he's very excited he's doing it for CW seed. It may not appear before the movie comes out. He's very busy, but we're very excited. I don't have a lot of details yet."
"I first heard about it from Warner Bros. digital people," Pedowitz said, adding that it all came about "by circumstance." He went on sharing, "I picked up the phone and called Rob. He happened to be in Vegas...He told me about his schedule, and I said, we'll take it whenever you're ready. So we left it at that."
Pedowitz stressed that nothing was set in stone, but the digital series will likely consist of six to eight 10-minute segments. CW Seed is often used as a testing ground to find out which project would work on television, so fans can expect to see "Veronica Mars" back on television should the digital series receive good response.
Series creator Thomas later gave an update on the project. He tweeted, "The CW web series: a comedy featuring RyanHansen attempting to put together a Dick Casablancas spin-off of VeronicaMars."
"Veronica Mars" movie was officially on the go after the Kickstarter campaign attained the $2 million goal in less than ten hours in March 2013. By the time the fundraiser ended, $5,702,153 was raised through the campaign.
Filming began in June in Los Angeles and lasted 28 days. The movie is set to hit theaters across the nation on March 14 with Warner Bros. Pictures holding the distribution rights.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch