'Frozen' Soundtrack Blocks Beyonce's Album From Billboard 200's No. 1 for Second Week
The soundtrack album of "Frozen (2013)" is ruling Billboard 200 for two weeks in a row. The album, which climbed to No. 1 with 165,000 copies last week, sold another 86,000, according to Nielsen SoundScan. It marks the first album to top the chart with fewer than 100,000 since September, when Keith Urban's "Fuse" debuted at No. 1 with 98,000.
"Frozen" soundtrack, once again, blocks Beyonce Knowles' self-titled set "Beyonce" from the chart's top slot. The diva's fifth studio effort, which has topped the chart for three weeks, is currently spending its second week at No. 2 after selling 79,000 copies.
At No. 3, Kid Ink's "My Own Lane" debuted with 50,000. Arriving via RCA Records, it is the L.A. rapper's first album which was released under a major label. Behind Kid Ink's latest release, Eminem's "MMLP2" slips from No. 3 to No. 4 with 36,000.
Managing to keep their respective position steady, Lorde's "Pure Heroine" sits at No. 5 with 33,000 while One Direction's "Midnight Memories" stays at No. 6 with 24,000. Katy Perry's "Prism" falls to No. 7 from last week's No. 4 after selling 23,000.
Returning to the top 10, Miley Cyrus' "Bangerz" takes the eighth spot with 20,000. Meanwhile, Imagine Dragons' "Night Visions" ascends to No. 9 with 17,000. R. Kelly's "Black Panties" closes out the top 10, rising from last week's No. 11, with slightly over 17,000.
- "Frozen (2013)" Soundtrack - Various Artists (86,000)
- "Beyonce" - Beyonce Knowles (79,000)
- "My Own Lane" - Kid Ink (50,000)
- "MMLP2" - Eminem (36,000)
- "Pure Heroine" - Lorde (33,000)
- "Midnight Memories" - One Direction (24,000)
- "Prism" - Katy Perry (23,000)
- "Bangerz" - Miley Cyrus (20,000)
- "Night Visions" - Imagine Dragons (17,000)
- "Black Panties" - R. Kelly (17,000)
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed