Katy Perry Announces Dates of 'Prismatic World Tour'
Katy Perry would kick off the tour to support her "Prism" album on June 22, the singer announced on Wednesday, January 15. The jaunt, dubbed Prismatic World Tour, will begin the North American leg in Raleigh, North Carolina.
The tour includes 46 cities, some of them that Perry will visit for the first time. "The Prismatic World Tour is coming to light up some of my favorite North American cities this summer, as well as some new cities that you introduced me to through your video requests," Perry said in a statement.
The "Roar" singer will be supported by Tegan and Sara, Kacey Musgraves, and Capital Cities who are her personal choices to open her shows. "This colorful show will bring you all the songs you know as well as ones from my new album, PRISM. I'm so excited that I got to hand-select some of my favorite artists to join me on this journey - I know you'll love Capital Cities, Kacey Musgraves and Tegan and Sara as much as I do," she stated.
Indie-pop duo Capital Cities will open concerts through July on the East Coast, succeeded by Texas native Musgrave on the Midwest and Canada in August. Canadian indie duo Tegan and Sara will travel with Perry on the West Coast in September before the tour wraps up in Houston in October.
"Ima big ol' @katyperry fan and I CANT WAIT to join her on her #PrismaticWorldTour this summer in the US!!," Musgraves tweeted after the announcement was made. "More deets very soon!!"
Tour dates are available on KatyPerry.com.
More Katy Perry News
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation