Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult to Play Couple in Epic Love Story 'Equals'
Kristen Stewart is due to star in an epic love story opposite Jennifer Lawrence's boyfriend Nicholas Hoult. The young stars have signed up to lead "Equals", which is an updated version of 1956 film "1984", based on George Orwell's classic 1949 novel "Nineteen Eighty-Four".
"Like Crazy" director Drake Doremus will helm the futuristic love story in which Stewart and Hoult play a couple. He said the movie is "about love in a world where love really doesn't exist anymore." Lawrence initially read the script for the role that Stewart eventually nabbed, and was moved to tears but could not see herself as the character. "It became evident in my head that Nick and Kristen would have great chemistry," Doremus, who thought Lawrence was fantastic during reading, said.
Stewart herself is both excited and terrified, saying "I can't believe I agreed to do it. I'm terrified of it. Though it's a movie with a really basic concept, it's overtly ambitious." She continued, "In Equals, things go wrong because you can't deny the humanity in everyone. It's the most devastating story," adding "It's a love story of epic, epic, epic proportion. I'm scared."
But the 23-year-old actress has faith in the director. "I trust Drake's process and I know we will do something really natural and real," she said. "But I told Drake, 'Don't expect that I am going to be able to do this. It's too hard.' But he wouldn't take 'no' for an answer. I've given directors disclaimers before, but never this much."
Filming will begin later this year.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce