Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult to Play Couple in Epic Love Story 'Equals'
Kristen Stewart is due to star in an epic love story opposite Jennifer Lawrence's boyfriend Nicholas Hoult. The young stars have signed up to lead "Equals", which is an updated version of 1956 film "1984", based on George Orwell's classic 1949 novel "Nineteen Eighty-Four".
"Like Crazy" director Drake Doremus will helm the futuristic love story in which Stewart and Hoult play a couple. He said the movie is "about love in a world where love really doesn't exist anymore." Lawrence initially read the script for the role that Stewart eventually nabbed, and was moved to tears but could not see herself as the character. "It became evident in my head that Nick and Kristen would have great chemistry," Doremus, who thought Lawrence was fantastic during reading, said.
Stewart herself is both excited and terrified, saying "I can't believe I agreed to do it. I'm terrified of it. Though it's a movie with a really basic concept, it's overtly ambitious." She continued, "In Equals, things go wrong because you can't deny the humanity in everyone. It's the most devastating story," adding "It's a love story of epic, epic, epic proportion. I'm scared."
But the 23-year-old actress has faith in the director. "I trust Drake's process and I know we will do something really natural and real," she said. "But I told Drake, 'Don't expect that I am going to be able to do this. It's too hard.' But he wouldn't take 'no' for an answer. I've given directors disclaimers before, but never this much."
Filming will begin later this year.
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzles With Purple Lipstick on Glamour Mexico. See the Sexy Snaps!
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women