Justin Bieber's Friend Lil Za Released From Jail Following Drug-Related Arrest
Lil Za, who was arrested in Justin Bieber's house on Tuesday morning, January 14 for drug possession, has been released from custody. According to MTV News, Bieber's friend was released from the Lost Hills/ Malibu Sheriff's Station after posting bail, but the authorities did not mention the amount he posted.
Lieutenant Michael Williams told the site that Lil Za, whose real name is Xavier Smith, was also charged with felony vandalism before his release on Tuesday night. Minutes prior to the release, Lil Za was said receiving a phone call and getting angry. Although some reports claimed that he destroyed the phone, Lt. Williams said the phone was damaged, "not destroyed." The charge increased the original bail by $50,000.
About 12 detectives in 8 cars went to Bieber's mansion on Tuesday morning to search for evidence related to an egg-throwing incident. The authorities found some narcotics during the raid, but they confirmed that the Canadian heartthrob was "not connected" to the drug. "He was not arrested, nor exonerated at this time," Lieutenant Dave Thompson said in a press conference.
Bieber's neighbor claimed the star caused $20,000 in damages with the egg-throwing stunt and damage which exceeds $400 is considered felony. "It's a felony crime; I get that it was done with eggs, which makes you feel that it's a lower-level crime, but a felony crime is a felony crime, no matter how you commit it," Lt. Thompson continued. "And this crime rose to the felony section, and a judge signed a search warrant saying we should go get evidence related to the felony crime."
More Justin Bieber News
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab