Justin Bieber's Friend Lil Za Released From Jail Following Drug-Related Arrest
Lil Za, who was arrested in Justin Bieber's house on Tuesday morning, January 14 for drug possession, has been released from custody. According to MTV News, Bieber's friend was released from the Lost Hills/ Malibu Sheriff's Station after posting bail, but the authorities did not mention the amount he posted.
Lieutenant Michael Williams told the site that Lil Za, whose real name is Xavier Smith, was also charged with felony vandalism before his release on Tuesday night. Minutes prior to the release, Lil Za was said receiving a phone call and getting angry. Although some reports claimed that he destroyed the phone, Lt. Williams said the phone was damaged, "not destroyed." The charge increased the original bail by $50,000.
About 12 detectives in 8 cars went to Bieber's mansion on Tuesday morning to search for evidence related to an egg-throwing incident. The authorities found some narcotics during the raid, but they confirmed that the Canadian heartthrob was "not connected" to the drug. "He was not arrested, nor exonerated at this time," Lieutenant Dave Thompson said in a press conference.
Bieber's neighbor claimed the star caused $20,000 in damages with the egg-throwing stunt and damage which exceeds $400 is considered felony. "It's a felony crime; I get that it was done with eggs, which makes you feel that it's a lower-level crime, but a felony crime is a felony crime, no matter how you commit it," Lt. Thompson continued. "And this crime rose to the felony section, and a judge signed a search warrant saying we should go get evidence related to the felony crime."
More Justin Bieber News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic