'Devil's Due' Prank Terrifies People on New York Streets
Beware of "Devil Baby" attack in New York City. Thinkmodo, the viral video marketing agency that promoted "Carrie" with telekinetic prank at coffee shop last October, has created a new frightening prank to promote upcoming horror film "Devil's Due".
The latest viral promotion includes a remote-controlled animatronic creature put in a baby stroller on the streets. A video obtained by Yahoo! Movies captures people's reactions as they see the "Devil Baby" popping out with scary screams.
Thinkmodo co-founder Michael Krivicka said, "Our devil baby was covered and a hidden speaker inside the stroller would play looped audio of a crying baby. It was an interesting social experiment to see how many people would bother to check on an abandoned stroller."
Talking about people's reactions, he shared, "One lady decided to cover up the baby with a blanket while another gentleman just stood there, processing the grotesque look of the baby." He added, "People were totally cool with being in the video after getting the living hell scared out of them. Each reaction ended with a laugh, and everyone loved the look of the baby."
"Devil's Due" itself follows a newlywed couple who finds themselves dealing with an earlier-than-planned pregnancy after a mysterious, lost night on their honeymoon. While recording everything for posterity, the husband begins to notice odd behavior in his wife that they initially write off to nerves, but, as the months pass, it becomes evident that the dark changes to her body and mind have a much more sinister origin.
The horror movie is slated to open in theaters nationwide on January 17.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group