Donal Logue Denies He's Offered 'Gotham' Lead Role
A name recently surfaced as the potential lead actor on FOX's "Gotham", but the rumor is quickly shut down by the actor himself. Donal Logue has taken to Twitter to set things straight soon after Latino Review reported that the Lee Toric of "Sons of Anarchy" had been offered the role of James Gordon on the Batman prequel series.
"Not true! I wish-would be awesome (but who could top Gary Oldman?)," he tweeted. He additionally noted that the new show might be looking for a younger actor to play Gordon, writing, "From what I heard, Gotham catches Gordon in his late 20's."
"Gotham", from Warner Bros. TV and "The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller, will explore the origin stories of Commissioner James Gordon. FOX Entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly recently said at the TCA winter press tour that the show would feature young Bruce Wayne and Batman's famous villains such as the Joker, the Riddler, Catwoman and Penguin.
Heller executive produces and writes the pilot of the one-hour drama which is in the process of casting.
More Gotham News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie