Donal Logue Denies He's Offered 'Gotham' Lead Role
A name recently surfaced as the potential lead actor on FOX's "Gotham", but the rumor is quickly shut down by the actor himself. Donal Logue has taken to Twitter to set things straight soon after Latino Review reported that the Lee Toric of "Sons of Anarchy" had been offered the role of James Gordon on the Batman prequel series.
"Not true! I wish-would be awesome (but who could top Gary Oldman?)," he tweeted. He additionally noted that the new show might be looking for a younger actor to play Gordon, writing, "From what I heard, Gotham catches Gordon in his late 20's."
"Gotham", from Warner Bros. TV and "The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller, will explore the origin stories of Commissioner James Gordon. FOX Entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly recently said at the TCA winter press tour that the show would feature young Bruce Wayne and Batman's famous villains such as the Joker, the Riddler, Catwoman and Penguin.
Heller executive produces and writes the pilot of the one-hour drama which is in the process of casting.
More Gotham News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal