Donal Logue Denies He's Offered 'Gotham' Lead Role
A name recently surfaced as the potential lead actor on FOX's "Gotham", but the rumor is quickly shut down by the actor himself. Donal Logue has taken to Twitter to set things straight soon after Latino Review reported that the Lee Toric of "Sons of Anarchy" had been offered the role of James Gordon on the Batman prequel series.
"Not true! I wish-would be awesome (but who could top Gary Oldman?)," he tweeted. He additionally noted that the new show might be looking for a younger actor to play Gordon, writing, "From what I heard, Gotham catches Gordon in his late 20's."
"Gotham", from Warner Bros. TV and "The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller, will explore the origin stories of Commissioner James Gordon. FOX Entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly recently said at the TCA winter press tour that the show would feature young Bruce Wayne and Batman's famous villains such as the Joker, the Riddler, Catwoman and Penguin.
Heller executive produces and writes the pilot of the one-hour drama which is in the process of casting.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip