Donal Logue Denies He's Offered 'Gotham' Lead Role
A name recently surfaced as the potential lead actor on FOX's "Gotham", but the rumor is quickly shut down by the actor himself. Donal Logue has taken to Twitter to set things straight soon after Latino Review reported that the Lee Toric of "Sons of Anarchy" had been offered the role of James Gordon on the Batman prequel series.
"Not true! I wish-would be awesome (but who could top Gary Oldman?)," he tweeted. He additionally noted that the new show might be looking for a younger actor to play Gordon, writing, "From what I heard, Gotham catches Gordon in his late 20's."
"Gotham", from Warner Bros. TV and "The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller, will explore the origin stories of Commissioner James Gordon. FOX Entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly recently said at the TCA winter press tour that the show would feature young Bruce Wayne and Batman's famous villains such as the Joker, the Riddler, Catwoman and Penguin.
Heller executive produces and writes the pilot of the one-hour drama which is in the process of casting.
More Gotham News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season