Donal Logue Denies He's Offered 'Gotham' Lead Role
A name recently surfaced as the potential lead actor on FOX's "Gotham", but the rumor is quickly shut down by the actor himself. Donal Logue has taken to Twitter to set things straight soon after Latino Review reported that the Lee Toric of "Sons of Anarchy" had been offered the role of James Gordon on the Batman prequel series.
"Not true! I wish-would be awesome (but who could top Gary Oldman?)," he tweeted. He additionally noted that the new show might be looking for a younger actor to play Gordon, writing, "From what I heard, Gotham catches Gordon in his late 20's."
"Gotham", from Warner Bros. TV and "The Mentalist" creator Bruno Heller, will explore the origin stories of Commissioner James Gordon. FOX Entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly recently said at the TCA winter press tour that the show would feature young Bruce Wayne and Batman's famous villains such as the Joker, the Riddler, Catwoman and Penguin.
Heller executive produces and writes the pilot of the one-hour drama which is in the process of casting.
More Gotham News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support