Zach Galifianakis and Louis C.K. Team Up for FX's Comedy Pilot
FX has nabbed big talent in comedy for its new project. The network has ordered a pilot for a comedy created and starring Zach Galifianakis, with Louis C.K. co-writing it. The "Louie" creator and actor recently signed an overall deal with FX Prods.
C.K. and Galifianakis, who is best known for his role as Alan Garner in "The Hangover" movies directed by Todd Phillips, will also serve as executive producers. Other details, including what the story is about, are not available at this moment.
The network has additionally greenlit another comedy pilot from Charlie Kaufman. Michael Cera and John Hawkes are cast in "How & Why", which is written and to be directed by the "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" scribe.
Executive produced by Kaufman and Anthony Bregman, the comedy tells the story of a man who can explain how and why a nuclear reactor works but is otherwise clueless about life. "Deadwood" actor Hawkes will play Goodman Hesselman, host of faux show "How & Why" within the comedy.
Losing his passion for the show, he is replaced by a younger host and relocates to a different town to start a similar show with significantly less stature. "Arrested Development" star Cera will take on the role of Mendelson, Goodman's new boss.
Production on the comedy pilot will begin in the spring in North Carolina.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding