Gabourey Sidibe Hits Back at Haters Who Mocked Her Golden Globes Dress
Gabourey Sidibe does not let hateful comments affect her. The "American Horror Story: Coven" actress was criticized on the internet for a dress she wore at the 2014 Golden Globe Awards, but she reacted to the comments with a hilarious tweet.
Walking on the red carpet at the Sunday, January 12 event, Sidibe wore a floor-length ivory-colored gown by Michael Costello Couture. Some people commented on the choice of dress, suggesting that her stylists did not do their job well. "Clearly Gabby's stylist doesn't like her and has no problem stealing her money," one Twitter user wrote. Others, meanwhile, made nasty comments about her full figure. "I love Gabby Sidibe but she looked like the GLOBE at the Golden Globes," one person tweeted.
In response to the mean-spirited comments, the 30-year-old star wrote on Monday, "To people making mean comments about my GG pics, I mos def cried about it on that private jet on my way to my dream job last night. #JK." Her cool tweet was supported by many people, receiving more than 25,000 retweets by Tuesday.
Following the warm response, Sidibe thanked her fans for their support. "Yay! Everyone is so wonderful and supportive of my shade! This might be a problem down the line. Thank you!" she wrote on Tuesday, adding that the private jet was not hers. She ended the post with two hashtags which read, "notmyjetthough" and "imnotthatfancy."
- Hilary Duff Posts Steamy Throwback Pic With Beau Matthew Koma
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week