Gabourey Sidibe Hits Back at Haters Who Mocked Her Golden Globes Dress
Gabourey Sidibe does not let hateful comments affect her. The "American Horror Story: Coven" actress was criticized on the internet for a dress she wore at the 2014 Golden Globe Awards, but she reacted to the comments with a hilarious tweet.
Walking on the red carpet at the Sunday, January 12 event, Sidibe wore a floor-length ivory-colored gown by Michael Costello Couture. Some people commented on the choice of dress, suggesting that her stylists did not do their job well. "Clearly Gabby's stylist doesn't like her and has no problem stealing her money," one Twitter user wrote. Others, meanwhile, made nasty comments about her full figure. "I love Gabby Sidibe but she looked like the GLOBE at the Golden Globes," one person tweeted.
In response to the mean-spirited comments, the 30-year-old star wrote on Monday, "To people making mean comments about my GG pics, I mos def cried about it on that private jet on my way to my dream job last night. #JK." Her cool tweet was supported by many people, receiving more than 25,000 retweets by Tuesday.
Following the warm response, Sidibe thanked her fans for their support. "Yay! Everyone is so wonderful and supportive of my shade! This might be a problem down the line. Thank you!" she wrote on Tuesday, adding that the private jet was not hers. She ended the post with two hashtags which read, "notmyjetthough" and "imnotthatfancy."
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular