Jenny McCarthy Slams Shia LaBeouf for His Comment on Jim Carrey's Parenting Skill
Jenny McCarthy has come to Jim Carrey's defense after Shia LaBeouf criticized his parenting skill on Twitter. During a Tuesday, January 14 episode of "The View", McCarthy who previously dated Carrey for five years took a jab at the "Transformers" actor, saying that he shouldn't have brought children into their feud.
"You can attack myself, but don't bring my children into it. And I'm sure it's the same for Jim," she said during the daytime show's "Hot Topics" session. "Jim and I have become friends now since our breakup. We dated for five years and I got to know his daughter, Jane, who is a lovely, lovely girl. It's completely uncalled for and wrong. Jim is a great father. He loves Jane more than anything in the world. Shia did apologize and Jim did take it, but the whole thing is, do not bring our children into it."
LaBeouf's comment about Carrey's parenting was made as response to the comedian's joke at the 2014 Golden Globe Awards. "Dying is easy. Comedy is hard...I believe it was Shia LaBeouf who said that. So young, so wise," Carrey said at the Sunday, January 12 event, referring to the 27-year-old actor's plagiarism controversy.
"At least I don't get arrested for indecency on major LA highways! Or abandon love child's," LaBeouf said in a Twitter post which is no longer available. He then apologized for the tweet, writing, "Jim Carrey states that he is deeply involved in his daughter's life - I accept that. Regret tweet on the matter. Apologies to both parents."
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip