Report: Johnny Depp Negotiating to Star as Marvel's Dr. Strange
Johnny Depp may take part in Marvel's universe. A comic book lover, the 50-year-old actor reportedly is wanted to star as Dr. Strange and has been in discussions with Marvel on taking the role.
Latino Review reports that Depp is very interested in the project and it helps that he has a good relationship with Marvel's owner, Disney. Depp has scored a notable role in one of Disney's most successful franchises, "The Pirates of the Caribbean", and delivered respectable number in the studio's "Alice in Wonderland".
Disney is even willing to clear Depp's schedule from filming another "Pirates" film should he agree on staring as Dr. Strange. Meanwhile, Marvel is willing to alter the already-written script for Depp because Dr. Strange is initially depicted as a 30-year-old.
An official announcement should be made soon if they can work out the details. The movie is eying a 2016 release and Depp's Strange may be introduced in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" which is slated to be released in 2015.
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo