Report: Johnny Depp Negotiating to Star as Marvel's Dr. Strange
Johnny Depp may take part in Marvel's universe. A comic book lover, the 50-year-old actor reportedly is wanted to star as Dr. Strange and has been in discussions with Marvel on taking the role.
Latino Review reports that Depp is very interested in the project and it helps that he has a good relationship with Marvel's owner, Disney. Depp has scored a notable role in one of Disney's most successful franchises, "The Pirates of the Caribbean", and delivered respectable number in the studio's "Alice in Wonderland".
Disney is even willing to clear Depp's schedule from filming another "Pirates" film should he agree on staring as Dr. Strange. Meanwhile, Marvel is willing to alter the already-written script for Depp because Dr. Strange is initially depicted as a 30-year-old.
An official announcement should be made soon if they can work out the details. The movie is eying a 2016 release and Depp's Strange may be introduced in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" which is slated to be released in 2015.
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album