Report: Johnny Depp Negotiating to Star as Marvel's Dr. Strange
Johnny Depp may take part in Marvel's universe. A comic book lover, the 50-year-old actor reportedly is wanted to star as Dr. Strange and has been in discussions with Marvel on taking the role.
Latino Review reports that Depp is very interested in the project and it helps that he has a good relationship with Marvel's owner, Disney. Depp has scored a notable role in one of Disney's most successful franchises, "The Pirates of the Caribbean", and delivered respectable number in the studio's "Alice in Wonderland".
Disney is even willing to clear Depp's schedule from filming another "Pirates" film should he agree on staring as Dr. Strange. Meanwhile, Marvel is willing to alter the already-written script for Depp because Dr. Strange is initially depicted as a 30-year-old.
An official announcement should be made soon if they can work out the details. The movie is eying a 2016 release and Depp's Strange may be introduced in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" which is slated to be released in 2015.
More Doctor Strange News
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does