Report: Johnny Depp Negotiating to Star as Marvel's Dr. Strange
Johnny Depp may take part in Marvel's universe. A comic book lover, the 50-year-old actor reportedly is wanted to star as Dr. Strange and has been in discussions with Marvel on taking the role.
Latino Review reports that Depp is very interested in the project and it helps that he has a good relationship with Marvel's owner, Disney. Depp has scored a notable role in one of Disney's most successful franchises, "The Pirates of the Caribbean", and delivered respectable number in the studio's "Alice in Wonderland".
Disney is even willing to clear Depp's schedule from filming another "Pirates" film should he agree on staring as Dr. Strange. Meanwhile, Marvel is willing to alter the already-written script for Depp because Dr. Strange is initially depicted as a 30-year-old.
An official announcement should be made soon if they can work out the details. The movie is eying a 2016 release and Depp's Strange may be introduced in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" which is slated to be released in 2015.
More Doctor Strange News
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says