Report: Johnny Depp Negotiating to Star as Marvel's Dr. Strange
Johnny Depp may take part in Marvel's universe. A comic book lover, the 50-year-old actor reportedly is wanted to star as Dr. Strange and has been in discussions with Marvel on taking the role.
Latino Review reports that Depp is very interested in the project and it helps that he has a good relationship with Marvel's owner, Disney. Depp has scored a notable role in one of Disney's most successful franchises, "The Pirates of the Caribbean", and delivered respectable number in the studio's "Alice in Wonderland".
Disney is even willing to clear Depp's schedule from filming another "Pirates" film should he agree on staring as Dr. Strange. Meanwhile, Marvel is willing to alter the already-written script for Depp because Dr. Strange is initially depicted as a 30-year-old.
An official announcement should be made soon if they can work out the details. The movie is eying a 2016 release and Depp's Strange may be introduced in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" which is slated to be released in 2015.
More Doctor Strange News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off