Christine McVie Officially Rejoins Fleetwood Mac
Christine McVie, who left Fleetwood Mac fifteen years ago, has now reunited with the band. The 70-year-old musician's return to the group, was confirmed onstage by bandmate Mick Fleetwood during a concert in Maui over the weekend.
"This is the worst-kept secret there is, but Christine McVie will be rejoining Fleetwood Mac," he said as cited by Consequence of Sound. The band's publicist Liz Rosenberg has also confirmed McVie's return to Billboard.
"[McVie] has indeed re-joined Fleetwood Mac and we are hoping to make an announcement about a possible tour for the full tilt Macsters some time in 2014," the publicist said.
McVie, who's also the ex-wife of Fleetwood Mac's bassist John McVie, joined the band in 1970. She wrote some of the band's biggest hits, including "Say You Love Me", "Don't Stop" and "Hold Me".
She left the band in 1998. Last year, she appeared with the group during a London concert and expressed her desire to rejoin the band. "I miss them all. If they were to ask me I would probably be very delighted... but it hasn't happened so we'll have to wait and see," she told the Guardian.
Band member Stevie Nick then responded to McVie's statement. The musician, who appeared on "American Horror Story: Coven", told Billboard last year, "If Chris wants to come back to the band, I said to her, 'It's your band. I don't really think you have to ask. Because it's your band. McVie. Fleetwood Mac-vie? So, it all depends, Chris, on you."
Fleetwood Mac is currently on a break as member John McVie is undergoing cancer treatments. Back in October, McVie's health scare prompted his band to cancel their tour in Australia and New Zealand. However, the bassist made a return at a show at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and a private New Year's Eve concert.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby