Christine McVie Officially Rejoins Fleetwood Mac
Christine McVie, who left Fleetwood Mac fifteen years ago, has now reunited with the band. The 70-year-old musician's return to the group, was confirmed onstage by bandmate Mick Fleetwood during a concert in Maui over the weekend.
"This is the worst-kept secret there is, but Christine McVie will be rejoining Fleetwood Mac," he said as cited by Consequence of Sound. The band's publicist Liz Rosenberg has also confirmed McVie's return to Billboard.
"[McVie] has indeed re-joined Fleetwood Mac and we are hoping to make an announcement about a possible tour for the full tilt Macsters some time in 2014," the publicist said.
McVie, who's also the ex-wife of Fleetwood Mac's bassist John McVie, joined the band in 1970. She wrote some of the band's biggest hits, including "Say You Love Me", "Don't Stop" and "Hold Me".
She left the band in 1998. Last year, she appeared with the group during a London concert and expressed her desire to rejoin the band. "I miss them all. If they were to ask me I would probably be very delighted... but it hasn't happened so we'll have to wait and see," she told the Guardian.
Band member Stevie Nick then responded to McVie's statement. The musician, who appeared on "American Horror Story: Coven", told Billboard last year, "If Chris wants to come back to the band, I said to her, 'It's your band. I don't really think you have to ask. Because it's your band. McVie. Fleetwood Mac-vie? So, it all depends, Chris, on you."
Fleetwood Mac is currently on a break as member John McVie is undergoing cancer treatments. Back in October, McVie's health scare prompted his band to cancel their tour in Australia and New Zealand. However, the bassist made a return at a show at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and a private New Year's Eve concert.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger