Ron Howard: Chris Pratt Is to Star in 'Jurassic World'
Ron Howard dropped the news that Chris Pratt would star in the new "Jurrasic Park" movie. The director shared a photo of Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard posing together on the red carpet of Sunday, January 12's Golden Globe Awards, saying they would be co-stars.
"Bryce and Chris meet for the 1st time on red carpet they will be co-stars in next Juraissic [sic]," Ron captioned the photo. Bryce is Ron's daughter who was cast in "Jurassic World" back in September. While her casting has been made official, Chris' is not yet announced by Universal Pictures.
There is little to know about "Jurassic World" yet besides a simple plot that fans of the previous movies would have known. "Hapless humans once again are pitted against dinosaurs created from ancient strands of DNA," the synopsis says. Relatively new director Colin Trevorrow is to helm the movie for 2015 release.
Pratt, best known for his role on "Parks and Recreation", is also star of the upcoming "Guardians of the Galaxy". His role as Star-Lord aka Peter Quill is his biggest yet on big screen to date. He had supporting roles in "Moneyball" and "Zero Dark Thirty" among others.
More Jurassic World News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo