'The Newsroom' Will Return for a Third and Final Season
Another HBO acclaimed series is coming to an end. After announcing that the fifth season of "Boardwalk Empire" would be the last for the show, the premium cable channel now renews "The Newsroom" for a third and final season.
" 'The Newsroom' is classic Aaron Sorkin - smart, riveting and thought-provoking," said HBO programming president Michael Lombardo when announcing the cancellation on Monday, January 13. "I'm sure this farewell season will be one to remember."
Production for the new season will kick off this spring for a fall premiere.
Lead actor Jeff Daniels, who won an Emmy Award for his role as news anchor Will McAvoy on the drama series, first revealed the third season renewal last September. HBO, however, said at the time that they're still in talks with creator Aaron Sorkin about schedules, stating, "We are excited about proceeding to a season 3 and are continuing our conversations with Aaron about schedules."
"The Newsroom" and "Boardwalk Empire" are not the only HBO series that will end with the coming season. "True Blood" will also return for its seventh and final chapter this year.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns