'The Newsroom' Will Return for a Third and Final Season
Another HBO acclaimed series is coming to an end. After announcing that the fifth season of "Boardwalk Empire" would be the last for the show, the premium cable channel now renews "The Newsroom" for a third and final season.
" 'The Newsroom' is classic Aaron Sorkin - smart, riveting and thought-provoking," said HBO programming president Michael Lombardo when announcing the cancellation on Monday, January 13. "I'm sure this farewell season will be one to remember."
Production for the new season will kick off this spring for a fall premiere.
Lead actor Jeff Daniels, who won an Emmy Award for his role as news anchor Will McAvoy on the drama series, first revealed the third season renewal last September. HBO, however, said at the time that they're still in talks with creator Aaron Sorkin about schedules, stating, "We are excited about proceeding to a season 3 and are continuing our conversations with Aaron about schedules."
"The Newsroom" and "Boardwalk Empire" are not the only HBO series that will end with the coming season. "True Blood" will also return for its seventh and final chapter this year.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season