'The Newsroom' Will Return for a Third and Final Season
Another HBO acclaimed series is coming to an end. After announcing that the fifth season of "Boardwalk Empire" would be the last for the show, the premium cable channel now renews "The Newsroom" for a third and final season.
" 'The Newsroom' is classic Aaron Sorkin - smart, riveting and thought-provoking," said HBO programming president Michael Lombardo when announcing the cancellation on Monday, January 13. "I'm sure this farewell season will be one to remember."
Production for the new season will kick off this spring for a fall premiere.
Lead actor Jeff Daniels, who won an Emmy Award for his role as news anchor Will McAvoy on the drama series, first revealed the third season renewal last September. HBO, however, said at the time that they're still in talks with creator Aaron Sorkin about schedules, stating, "We are excited about proceeding to a season 3 and are continuing our conversations with Aaron about schedules."
"The Newsroom" and "Boardwalk Empire" are not the only HBO series that will end with the coming season. "True Blood" will also return for its seventh and final chapter this year.
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video