'The Newsroom' Will Return for a Third and Final Season
Another HBO acclaimed series is coming to an end. After announcing that the fifth season of "Boardwalk Empire" would be the last for the show, the premium cable channel now renews "The Newsroom" for a third and final season.
" 'The Newsroom' is classic Aaron Sorkin - smart, riveting and thought-provoking," said HBO programming president Michael Lombardo when announcing the cancellation on Monday, January 13. "I'm sure this farewell season will be one to remember."
Production for the new season will kick off this spring for a fall premiere.
Lead actor Jeff Daniels, who won an Emmy Award for his role as news anchor Will McAvoy on the drama series, first revealed the third season renewal last September. HBO, however, said at the time that they're still in talks with creator Aaron Sorkin about schedules, stating, "We are excited about proceeding to a season 3 and are continuing our conversations with Aaron about schedules."
"The Newsroom" and "Boardwalk Empire" are not the only HBO series that will end with the coming season. "True Blood" will also return for its seventh and final chapter this year.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date