New 'Muppets Most Wanted' Trailer Released During Golden Globes
A new trailer for "Muppets Most Wanted" was debuted during the live broadcast of the 71st annual Golden Globe Awards on NBC. It opens with a narrator saying, "Fans across the internet are outraged that Muppets Most Wanted wasn't nominated for over 247 awards."
It then highlights a Twitter spat between two fans, who argue over why the movie's not eligible for Best Picture race at the Golden Globes. "Muppets shoulda been nominated Best Picture - for realz," @HOTFUDGE1218 tweets, to which @Babybean1129 replies, "It can't be, it's not out yet â�¦ your ignrent."
@HOTFUDGE1218 responds, "Don't call me igorent, you don't even know." The narrator says at the end of the video that the movie will finally be eligible for nominations when it arrives in U.S. theaters on March 21.
A follow-up to 2011's "The Muppets", the upcoming PG-rated comedy movie follows the entire Muppets gang on a global tour in some of Europe's most exciting destinations, including Berlin, Madrid and London. But mayhem follows the Muppets overseas, as they find themselves unwittingly entangled in an international crime caper headed by Constantine-the World's Number One Criminal and a dead ringer for Kermit-and his dastardly sidekick Dominic, aka Number Two, portrayed by Ricky Gervais.
Tina Fey and Ty Burrell also star as Nadya, a feisty prison guard, and Interpol agent Jean Pierre Napoleon respectively. P. Diddy, Lady GaGa, Tom Hiddleston, Salma Hayek and Usher are slated to make cameo appearances in the James Bobin-directed movie.
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs