Arcade Fire's Score Previewed in Spike Jonze's Movie 'Her'
It was revealed that Arcade Fire contributed to the score for Spike Jonze's new movie "Her". Portions of the band's score can now be heard in the latest four-minute trailer for the movie that stars Joaquin Phoenix.
"Her" soundtrack is set to feature instrumental versions of "Porno" and "Supersymmetry". Both songs appear in Arcade Fire's chart-topping album "Reflektor" which was released last year, but Jonze revealed that "Supersymmentry" was actually written for the movie.
"[Win Butler] and I started talking about the score about two years ago, and then it kinda seemed like the record sort of informed the soundtrack and the soundtrack informed the record a little bit, and there's like a song on ['Reflektor'] -the last one, 'Supersymmetry'- that he wrote for the movie, but then it sort of became something else. It's actually the last song in the end credits," he told HitFix.
Arcade Fire collaborated with composer Owen Pallett on the score. It's still unknown when the soundtrack album of "Her", which also features an original song by Yeah Yeah Yeahs' member Karen O, will be released. Meanwhile, the movie is set to open in U.S. theaters on January 18.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'