Arcade Fire's Score Previewed in Spike Jonze's Movie 'Her'
It was revealed that Arcade Fire contributed to the score for Spike Jonze's new movie "Her". Portions of the band's score can now be heard in the latest four-minute trailer for the movie that stars Joaquin Phoenix.
"Her" soundtrack is set to feature instrumental versions of "Porno" and "Supersymmetry". Both songs appear in Arcade Fire's chart-topping album "Reflektor" which was released last year, but Jonze revealed that "Supersymmentry" was actually written for the movie.
"[Win Butler] and I started talking about the score about two years ago, and then it kinda seemed like the record sort of informed the soundtrack and the soundtrack informed the record a little bit, and there's like a song on ['Reflektor'] -the last one, 'Supersymmetry'- that he wrote for the movie, but then it sort of became something else. It's actually the last song in the end credits," he told HitFix.
Arcade Fire collaborated with composer Owen Pallett on the score. It's still unknown when the soundtrack album of "Her", which also features an original song by Yeah Yeah Yeahs' member Karen O, will be released. Meanwhile, the movie is set to open in U.S. theaters on January 18.
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016