Arcade Fire's Score Previewed in Spike Jonze's Movie 'Her'
It was revealed that Arcade Fire contributed to the score for Spike Jonze's new movie "Her". Portions of the band's score can now be heard in the latest four-minute trailer for the movie that stars Joaquin Phoenix.
"Her" soundtrack is set to feature instrumental versions of "Porno" and "Supersymmetry". Both songs appear in Arcade Fire's chart-topping album "Reflektor" which was released last year, but Jonze revealed that "Supersymmentry" was actually written for the movie.
"[Win Butler] and I started talking about the score about two years ago, and then it kinda seemed like the record sort of informed the soundtrack and the soundtrack informed the record a little bit, and there's like a song on ['Reflektor'] -the last one, 'Supersymmetry'- that he wrote for the movie, but then it sort of became something else. It's actually the last song in the end credits," he told HitFix.
Arcade Fire collaborated with composer Owen Pallett on the score. It's still unknown when the soundtrack album of "Her", which also features an original song by Yeah Yeah Yeahs' member Karen O, will be released. Meanwhile, the movie is set to open in U.S. theaters on January 18.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle