Starz Debuts First Trailer for Ron Moore's 'Outlander'
Starz has unveiled the first look at its new series "Outlander". Through a newly-released trailer, the cable channel introduces the heroine, Claire Randall (Caitriona Balfe), who thinks she experiences a strange thing as she has fallen through time.
Based on Diana Gabaldon's best-selling novel series, the fantasy drama follows Claire, a British Army nurse during the World War II who mysteriously goes back to 1743. During the magical travel, she encounters "Black Jack" Randall, a British army officer who bears striking resemblance to her husband in the 20th century, Frank Randall. She, however, is forced to marry young Scottish warrior Jamie Fraser in the 18th century.
"Battlestar Galactica" executive producer Ronald D. Moore developed the show and serves as executive producer along with Jim Kohlberg.
At the TCA Winter Press Tour on Friday, January 10, Moore assured fans that the TV adaptation would stay true to the original work. He said, "There is a dedicated base of fans who love these books who have read them for many years, and it's the favorite book to a lot of people. I take that obligation seriously."
"I want to give them their story," he added, "but I do have to translate it into a different medium because there are differences of being a reader and being a member of an audience. So in the writer's room, we always start with the book... Maybe we change or maybe we add some things that could have happened, but aren't mentioned there. Maybe we have to change something, but we always take pains to get back to where the book takes us because that's our job."
Starz has not announced an exact premiere date for "Outlander", but the show is expected to launch this summer. Balfe is joied in the cast by Sam Heughan and Tobias Menzies, who play Jamie Fraser and Frank/Jonathan Randall respectively.
More Outlander News
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch