Ke$ha's Mother Checks Herself Into Same Rehab Center as Daughter
Ke$ha's mother, Pebe Sebert, has been treated in the same rehab facility as her daughter. In a statement to PEOPLE, Sebert said that she checked herself into the rehab facility which is located in Chicago area after her 26-year-old daughter urged her to do so.
"I'm checking myself into Timberline Knolls today for post-traumatic stress disorder, at Ke$ha's urging," she said. Sebert, who previously said that her daughter's longtime producer contributed to the singer's struggle with body issue, added, "This whole Dr. Luke thing has almost torn our family apart and taken over my life, and Ke$ha wants me to heal along with her."
Earlier this month, Ke$ha unexpectedly announced that she sought treatment for eating disorder. "I'll be unavailable for the next 30 days, seeking treatment for my eating disorder ... to learn to love myself again. Exactly as I am," the "Timber" songstress said.
A week after the singer's admission to the rehab center, her mother claimed that Dr. Luke and Ke$ha's other advisers played role in the singer's struggle with body image. "Dr. Luke had been telling her how she had to get in shape and lose weight and all this stuff. She was exercising and dieting and ultimately doing everything she could, but not getting thin fast enough. And that's when she first became bulimic," Sebert said, alleging that Dr. Luke once called Ke$ha "refrigerator."
Dr. Luke, however, denied the claim. "These statements and allegations concerning Dr. Luke are completely false. It is unfortunate that at a time Ke$ha is suffering immensely and trying to heal at a treatment center, her mother is taking this approach with the media. I give Ke$ha my utmost support and well wishes for a quick return to health," read a statement from his representative.
More Ke$ha News
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'