Golden Globes 2014: 'American Hustle' Wins Three Awards
The full winners at the 2014 Golden Globe Awards have been unveiled. "American Hustle" took three awards which included Best Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy. The movie won the category after beating other strong nominees such as "Her", "Inside Llewyn Davis", "Nebraska" and "The Wolf of Wall Street". Producer Charles Roven went to the stage to receive the award.
Before the category was announced, Leonardo DiCaprio showed up on stage to receive a trophy for best actor in a film comedy or musical. He won the award for his role in "The Wolf of Wall Street". Thanking people for their support, DiCaprio who won his first Golden Globe trophy for "The Aviator" said, "I never would have thought that I'd win Best Actor for a comedy." He also mentioned Martin Scorcese, saying, "Thank you for your mentorship."
The winner for Best Actress in a Movie Drama was then revealed. Cate Blanchett bagged the award for her role in "Blue Jasmine". "Thank you, Woody, for calling me, and not calling any of the other extraordinary women in this room," the actress said in his acceptance speech.
Matthew McConaughey later was announced as the winner of best actor in a drama film for his role in "Dallas Buyers Club". "Alright, alright, alriiight... Unexpected but graciously accepted," he said, adding that the movie was turned down 86 times. "Really glad it got passed on so many times or it wouldn't have come to me," he continued. He crushed other nominees which included Tom Hanks, Robert Redford, Idris Elba and Chiwetel Ejiofor.
The last trophy which was handed out at the Sunday, January 12 event went to "12 Years a Slave". It was crowned best drama after beating "Captain Phillips", "Gravity", "Philomena" and "Rush".
2014 Golden Globe Winners in Movie:
- Best Picture, Drama: "12 Years a Slave"
- Best Picture, Musical or Comedy: "American Hustle"
- Best Director: Alfonso Cuaron - "Gravity"
- Best Actor, Drama: Matthew McConaughey - "Dallas Buyers Club"
- Best Actress, Drama: Cate Blanchett - "Blue Jasmine"
- Best Actor, Musical or Comedy: Leonardo DiCaprio - "The Wolf of Wall Street"
- Best Actress, Musical or Comedy: Amy Adams - "American Hustle"
- Best Supporting Actor: Jared Leto - "Dallas Buyers Club"
- Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Lawrence - "American Hustle"
- Best Screenplay: Spike Jonze - "Her"
- Best Original Score: Alex Ebert - "All Is Lost"
- Best Original Song: "Ordinary Love" - "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom"
- Best Foreign Language Film: "The Great Beauty"
- Best Animated Feature: "Frozen (2013)"
- Cecil B. DeMille Award: Woody Allen
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young