David Cassidy Checks Back Into Rehab After DUI Arrest
David Cassidy returns to rehab. The announcement was made hot on heels of his DUI arrest on Friday night, January 10 in Los Angeles. It marked the third time the former teen idol was arrested on a charge of driving under influence. He was previously popped for DUI in Florida in November 2010 and in upstate New York in August 2013.
Over the weekend, the 63-year-old star was stopped by police for making an illegal turn while exiting the 405 freeway. The cop smelled alcohol and performed a field sobriety test, which Cassidy failed. He allegedly had a blood alcohol level of more than twice the legal limit, blowing a .19 into breathalyzer. He was released on $15,000 bail.
In a statement to Entertainment Tonight, Cassidy's manager and publicist says, "David just completed a stint in rehab and was doing very well in sobriety. He was in Los Angeles to attend depositions by Sony Pictures Television, respondents in a lawsuit filed by Cassidy in 2011 over what he claims are monies long due him from Partridge Family merchandise, home video, etc."
"After attending his and his manager's depositions, it appears as if the pressure led to a brief relapse. He was on his way to the airport to return to his home in Florida and to transitional rehabilitation. He plans now to return to rehab in an undisclosed facility."
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season