David Cassidy Checks Back Into Rehab After DUI Arrest
David Cassidy returns to rehab. The announcement was made hot on heels of his DUI arrest on Friday night, January 10 in Los Angeles. It marked the third time the former teen idol was arrested on a charge of driving under influence. He was previously popped for DUI in Florida in November 2010 and in upstate New York in August 2013.
Over the weekend, the 63-year-old star was stopped by police for making an illegal turn while exiting the 405 freeway. The cop smelled alcohol and performed a field sobriety test, which Cassidy failed. He allegedly had a blood alcohol level of more than twice the legal limit, blowing a .19 into breathalyzer. He was released on $15,000 bail.
In a statement to Entertainment Tonight, Cassidy's manager and publicist says, "David just completed a stint in rehab and was doing very well in sobriety. He was in Los Angeles to attend depositions by Sony Pictures Television, respondents in a lawsuit filed by Cassidy in 2011 over what he claims are monies long due him from Partridge Family merchandise, home video, etc."
"After attending his and his manager's depositions, it appears as if the pressure led to a brief relapse. He was on his way to the airport to return to his home in Florida and to transitional rehabilitation. He plans now to return to rehab in an undisclosed facility."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences