David Cassidy Checks Back Into Rehab After DUI Arrest
David Cassidy returns to rehab. The announcement was made hot on heels of his DUI arrest on Friday night, January 10 in Los Angeles. It marked the third time the former teen idol was arrested on a charge of driving under influence. He was previously popped for DUI in Florida in November 2010 and in upstate New York in August 2013.
Over the weekend, the 63-year-old star was stopped by police for making an illegal turn while exiting the 405 freeway. The cop smelled alcohol and performed a field sobriety test, which Cassidy failed. He allegedly had a blood alcohol level of more than twice the legal limit, blowing a .19 into breathalyzer. He was released on $15,000 bail.
In a statement to Entertainment Tonight, Cassidy's manager and publicist says, "David just completed a stint in rehab and was doing very well in sobriety. He was in Los Angeles to attend depositions by Sony Pictures Television, respondents in a lawsuit filed by Cassidy in 2011 over what he claims are monies long due him from Partridge Family merchandise, home video, etc."
"After attending his and his manager's depositions, it appears as if the pressure led to a brief relapse. He was on his way to the airport to return to his home in Florida and to transitional rehabilitation. He plans now to return to rehab in an undisclosed facility."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris