Golden Globes 2014: 'Frozen' Is Best Animated Film, Alfonso Cuaron Wins Best Director
The 71st Golden Globe Awards which kicked off on Sunday, January 12 has announced the winners in various categories in movie and there are several more to go. Following the announcement of best foreign language film which went to Italy's "The Great Beauty", the winner of Best Animated Feature Film was revealed. Disney's "Frozen (2013)" won over other contenders such as "The Croods" and "Despicable Me 2".
A winner from TV category was then announced. It was later followed by Emma Stone's appearance on stage to introduce Woody Allen tribute. The popular director, who was not present at the event, was honored with Cecille B. DeMille Award for his contribution in the industry. The trophy was handed to Diane Keaton who showed up in his behalf.
Alfonso Cuaron then was announced as Best Director at the 2014 Golden Globe Awards. He won the trophy for his work in "Gravity". Other directors who were nominated in the category included Paul Greengrass with his "Captain Phillips", Steve McQueen with "12 Years a Slave" and Alexander Payne with "Nebraska". The director of "American Hustle", David O. Russell, was also nominated.
Cuaron received the trophy and thanked people who contributed to the movie for the win. "This is for the hundreds of people that made this film possible. Because of my thick accent, they end up doing what they thought I'd said, not what I really said," he told the audience members.
The ongoing event is hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. Full winners at the event which took place at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills will be announced soon.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3