Charlize Theron and Sean Penn Get Cozy at Charity Event
Charlize Theron and Sean Penn fueled dating rumor. Romantically linked after spotted celebrating New Year together in Hawaii, the pair was spotted getting cozy during a gala dinner to raise money for his Haiti charity over the weekend.
Theron, 38, and Penn, 53, showed off PDA during his 3rd Annual Help Haiti Home Gala. According to Us Weekly, they were holding hands, putting their arms around each other, and cuddling at the table. At one point, he reportedly even kissed her neck.
The event raised $6 million for the cause. U2 made a surprise performance. Other guests included Bette Midler, Michael Douglas, Chelsea Handler, Gwyneth Paltrow & husband Chris Martin, Piers Morgan, Sarah Silverman and Idris Elba.
Host Anderson Cooper made the biggest donation by spending $1.4 million on a sculpture that would be made of Penn's 65 discarded firearms. Theron and Martin were involved in a friendly bidding war over a Banksy print shaped like a heart. The Coldplay singer eventually won with $650,000.
Despite the public display of affections on Saturday, Theron opted to bring her mother Gerda, instead of her rumored beau, as her date at the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday, January 12.
More Charlize Theron News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special