Golden Globes 2014: Amy Adams and Jared Leto Take Home Awards
More winners from the 2014 Golden Globe Awards have been announced. Amy Adams won Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy at the annual event which took place on Sunday, January 12 at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills.
Adams earned the award thanks to her performance in "American Hustle". She beat other nominees which included Julie Delpy ("Before Midnight"), Greta Gerwig ("Frances Ha"), Julia Louis-Dreyfus ("Enough Said") and Meryl Streep ("August: Osage County").
In her acceptance speech, Adams tearfully thanked her manager for believing in her. She also mentioned her daughter Aviana, thanking the three-year-old girl for "teaching me to accept joy and to let go of fear."
Following the announcement of Best Actress in a TV Series, Drama, Jared Leto took the stage to receive his Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture. The 42-year-old star won the award for his performance in "Dallas Buyers Club". Other actors who vied for the award included Barkhad Abdi who was nominated for his role in "Captain Phillips", Daniel Bruhl with his movie "Rush", as well as Bradley Cooper and Michael Fassbender for "American Hustle" and "12 Years a Slave" respectively.
After Jared Leto's win, nominees for best motion picture screenplay were anticipating the winner in the category, which eventually was given to Spike Jonze for "Her". The trophy was handed by Emma Thompson who held a glass of drink in one hand and her shoes in the other. Next, Italian movie "The Great Beauty" was announced as the winner of best foreign language film.
The ongoing event is hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. More winners from other categories will be announced soon.
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens