Golden Globes 2014: Amy Adams and Jared Leto Take Home Awards
More winners from the 2014 Golden Globe Awards have been announced. Amy Adams won Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy at the annual event which took place on Sunday, January 12 at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills.
Adams earned the award thanks to her performance in "American Hustle". She beat other nominees which included Julie Delpy ("Before Midnight"), Greta Gerwig ("Frances Ha"), Julia Louis-Dreyfus ("Enough Said") and Meryl Streep ("August: Osage County").
In her acceptance speech, Adams tearfully thanked her manager for believing in her. She also mentioned her daughter Aviana, thanking the three-year-old girl for "teaching me to accept joy and to let go of fear."
Following the announcement of Best Actress in a TV Series, Drama, Jared Leto took the stage to receive his Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture. The 42-year-old star won the award for his performance in "Dallas Buyers Club". Other actors who vied for the award included Barkhad Abdi who was nominated for his role in "Captain Phillips", Daniel Bruhl with his movie "Rush", as well as Bradley Cooper and Michael Fassbender for "American Hustle" and "12 Years a Slave" respectively.
After Jared Leto's win, nominees for best motion picture screenplay were anticipating the winner in the category, which eventually was given to Spike Jonze for "Her". The trophy was handed by Emma Thompson who held a glass of drink in one hand and her shoes in the other. Next, Italian movie "The Great Beauty" was announced as the winner of best foreign language film.
The ongoing event is hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. More winners from other categories will be announced soon.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny