Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill Developing Q-Tip's Hip Hop Drama
Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill are working together again, but this time behind the scenes. The actors who star in Martin Scorsese's dark comedy "The Wolf of Wall Street" are teaming up with rapper Q-Tip to develop a hip hop drama series.
The scripted TV show is loosely based on the Grammy-winning artist's early days and will capture his experiences with hip hop group A Tribe Called Quest and with The Native Tongues collective that A Tribe Called Quest was a member of. The show will reflect on the stories of their friendship and how their music played a part in culture then and influenced the music of today, Deadline reports.
No writer is attached to the project yet. Produced through DiCaprio's production company Appian Way, the drama will be shopped around to networks in this coming week.
Q-Tip is a founding member of the acclaimed hip hop group A Tribe Called Quest.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival