Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill Developing Q-Tip's Hip Hop Drama
Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill are working together again, but this time behind the scenes. The actors who star in Martin Scorsese's dark comedy "The Wolf of Wall Street" are teaming up with rapper Q-Tip to develop a hip hop drama series.
The scripted TV show is loosely based on the Grammy-winning artist's early days and will capture his experiences with hip hop group A Tribe Called Quest and with The Native Tongues collective that A Tribe Called Quest was a member of. The show will reflect on the stories of their friendship and how their music played a part in culture then and influenced the music of today, Deadline reports.
No writer is attached to the project yet. Produced through DiCaprio's production company Appian Way, the drama will be shopped around to networks in this coming week.
Q-Tip is a founding member of the acclaimed hip hop group A Tribe Called Quest.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'