Jai Courtney and Boyd Holbrook Testing for Kyle Reese in 'Terminator: Genesis'
As Emilia Clarke and Jason Clarke are already on board to play Sarah Connor and her son John, now "Terminator: Genesis" is left with the task of finding the right actor to play Kyle Reese. Jai Courtney and Boyd Holbrook are among those circling the role in the reboot.
According to Variety, the "Jack Reacher" star and "The Host (2013)" hunk will be testing for the role of John's father on Monday. The other candidates expected to join for the test are Thomas Cocquerel ("Anzac Girls"), Wilson Bethel ("Hart of Dixie") and Sam Reid ("The Railway Man").
Alan Taylor ("Thor: The Dark World") is set to direct the fifth installment of the "Terminator" franchise. The script is written by Laeta Kalogridis ("Shutter Island") and Patrick Lussier ("Drive Angry"). The reboot is expected to start production later this year for a July 1, 2015 release.
The last "Terminator" installment was released in 2009. Christian Bale starred as John and Anton Yelchin as Kyle, while Linda Hamilton who played Sarah in the classic movies directed by James Cameron was an uncredited voice of John's mother. Directed by McG, "Terminator Salvation" grossed over $371 million worldwide.
More Terminator Genisys News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story