Jai Courtney and Boyd Holbrook Testing for Kyle Reese in 'Terminator: Genesis'
As Emilia Clarke and Jason Clarke are already on board to play Sarah Connor and her son John, now "Terminator: Genesis" is left with the task of finding the right actor to play Kyle Reese. Jai Courtney and Boyd Holbrook are among those circling the role in the reboot.
According to Variety, the "Jack Reacher" star and "The Host (2013)" hunk will be testing for the role of John's father on Monday. The other candidates expected to join for the test are Thomas Cocquerel ("Anzac Girls"), Wilson Bethel ("Hart of Dixie") and Sam Reid ("The Railway Man").
Alan Taylor ("Thor: The Dark World") is set to direct the fifth installment of the "Terminator" franchise. The script is written by Laeta Kalogridis ("Shutter Island") and Patrick Lussier ("Drive Angry"). The reboot is expected to start production later this year for a July 1, 2015 release.
The last "Terminator" installment was released in 2009. Christian Bale starred as John and Anton Yelchin as Kyle, while Linda Hamilton who played Sarah in the classic movies directed by James Cameron was an uncredited voice of John's mother. Directed by McG, "Terminator Salvation" grossed over $371 million worldwide.
More Terminator Genisys News
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018