Jai Courtney and Boyd Holbrook Testing for Kyle Reese in 'Terminator: Genesis'
As Emilia Clarke and Jason Clarke are already on board to play Sarah Connor and her son John, now "Terminator: Genesis" is left with the task of finding the right actor to play Kyle Reese. Jai Courtney and Boyd Holbrook are among those circling the role in the reboot.
According to Variety, the "Jack Reacher" star and "The Host (2013)" hunk will be testing for the role of John's father on Monday. The other candidates expected to join for the test are Thomas Cocquerel ("Anzac Girls"), Wilson Bethel ("Hart of Dixie") and Sam Reid ("The Railway Man").
Alan Taylor ("Thor: The Dark World") is set to direct the fifth installment of the "Terminator" franchise. The script is written by Laeta Kalogridis ("Shutter Island") and Patrick Lussier ("Drive Angry"). The reboot is expected to start production later this year for a July 1, 2015 release.
The last "Terminator" installment was released in 2009. Christian Bale starred as John and Anton Yelchin as Kyle, while Linda Hamilton who played Sarah in the classic movies directed by James Cameron was an uncredited voice of John's mother. Directed by McG, "Terminator Salvation" grossed over $371 million worldwide.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'