Eli Roth's 'Clown' Real Trailer: The Horrors After Birthday Party
Eli Roth-produced "Clown" gets a real trailer. It shows a father stepping in for a clown who was supposed to be entertaining his son's sixth birthday but was a no-show on the D-day. He dons a clown outfit, wig, bulbous nose and pancake makeup for the party.
The horror soon follows when the loving father's personality changes in horrific fashion after he is unable to take off the clown garb. He and his family race to break the curse of the evil outfit before he undergoes a complete transformation into a homicidal killer with over-sized shoes.
The movie is based on a fake trailer made by Jon Watts and Christopher D. Ford in 2010. Purported to be for Eli Roth's movie, it successfully caught his attention. The actor/director was so impressed that he eventually agreed to help develop it into a full feature film.
Watts directed the real movie and co-wrote the script with Ford. The film premiered at Toronto Film Festival last year, but hasn't got a theatrical release date just yet. It stars Andy Powers, Peter Stormare, Laura Allen and Elizabeth Whitmere.
The real trailer:
The fake trailer which the movie based on:
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia