Eli Roth's 'Clown' Real Trailer: The Horrors After Birthday Party
Eli Roth-produced "Clown" gets a real trailer. It shows a father stepping in for a clown who was supposed to be entertaining his son's sixth birthday but was a no-show on the D-day. He dons a clown outfit, wig, bulbous nose and pancake makeup for the party.
The horror soon follows when the loving father's personality changes in horrific fashion after he is unable to take off the clown garb. He and his family race to break the curse of the evil outfit before he undergoes a complete transformation into a homicidal killer with over-sized shoes.
The movie is based on a fake trailer made by Jon Watts and Christopher D. Ford in 2010. Purported to be for Eli Roth's movie, it successfully caught his attention. The actor/director was so impressed that he eventually agreed to help develop it into a full feature film.
Watts directed the real movie and co-wrote the script with Ford. The film premiered at Toronto Film Festival last year, but hasn't got a theatrical release date just yet. It stars Andy Powers, Peter Stormare, Laura Allen and Elizabeth Whitmere.
The real trailer:
The fake trailer which the movie based on:
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie