Amanda Bynes to Undergo Counseling to Avoid Jail in Bong-Throwing Case
Amanda Bynes apparently will not go to jail following her bong-throwing incident which took place last summer. Bynes escaped the prosecution after she made a deal in which the case will be dismissed if she continues counseling for the next six months.
On Friday, January 10, Bynes agreed to attend the counseling sessions which would take place twice a week. The "Easy A" star will also need to avoid any legal trouble for the next six months. "I understand that after a period of six months has expired, if I have complied with the conditions set forth below the charges will be dismissed," read an affidavit dated December 19, as quoted by New York Daily News.
"This is an important step in her rehabilitation. I am optimistic about her future and pleased with the result," said her lawyer Gerald Shargel. The troubled starlet was not present when the deal was presented. She has some time until January 30 to alert the court that she complies the orders.
In May, a staffer at an apartment building in New York where Bynes lived made a report to the police, saying that she smoked weed at the lobby. The actress was no longer in the lobby when the police officers responded to the report. The surprised Bynes reportedly threw drug paraphernalia out of the window when the officers went to her place on the 36th floor. She, however, said that it was actually "a vase."
Bynes was charged with reckless endangerment, tampering with evidence and marijuana possession. The case was delayed because she underwent treatment for mental illness. She finished her treatment in December.
More Amanda Bynes News
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!