Amanda Bynes to Undergo Counseling to Avoid Jail in Bong-Throwing Case
Amanda Bynes apparently will not go to jail following her bong-throwing incident which took place last summer. Bynes escaped the prosecution after she made a deal in which the case will be dismissed if she continues counseling for the next six months.
On Friday, January 10, Bynes agreed to attend the counseling sessions which would take place twice a week. The "Easy A" star will also need to avoid any legal trouble for the next six months. "I understand that after a period of six months has expired, if I have complied with the conditions set forth below the charges will be dismissed," read an affidavit dated December 19, as quoted by New York Daily News.
"This is an important step in her rehabilitation. I am optimistic about her future and pleased with the result," said her lawyer Gerald Shargel. The troubled starlet was not present when the deal was presented. She has some time until January 30 to alert the court that she complies the orders.
In May, a staffer at an apartment building in New York where Bynes lived made a report to the police, saying that she smoked weed at the lobby. The actress was no longer in the lobby when the police officers responded to the report. The surprised Bynes reportedly threw drug paraphernalia out of the window when the officers went to her place on the 36th floor. She, however, said that it was actually "a vase."
Bynes was charged with reckless endangerment, tampering with evidence and marijuana possession. The case was delayed because she underwent treatment for mental illness. She finished her treatment in December.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie