Amanda Bynes to Undergo Counseling to Avoid Jail in Bong-Throwing Case
Amanda Bynes apparently will not go to jail following her bong-throwing incident which took place last summer. Bynes escaped the prosecution after she made a deal in which the case will be dismissed if she continues counseling for the next six months.
On Friday, January 10, Bynes agreed to attend the counseling sessions which would take place twice a week. The "Easy A" star will also need to avoid any legal trouble for the next six months. "I understand that after a period of six months has expired, if I have complied with the conditions set forth below the charges will be dismissed," read an affidavit dated December 19, as quoted by New York Daily News.
"This is an important step in her rehabilitation. I am optimistic about her future and pleased with the result," said her lawyer Gerald Shargel. The troubled starlet was not present when the deal was presented. She has some time until January 30 to alert the court that she complies the orders.
In May, a staffer at an apartment building in New York where Bynes lived made a report to the police, saying that she smoked weed at the lobby. The actress was no longer in the lobby when the police officers responded to the report. The surprised Bynes reportedly threw drug paraphernalia out of the window when the officers went to her place on the 36th floor. She, however, said that it was actually "a vase."
Bynes was charged with reckless endangerment, tampering with evidence and marijuana possession. The case was delayed because she underwent treatment for mental illness. She finished her treatment in December.
More Amanda Bynes News
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman